PDA

View Full Version : BT Total Broadband

lepz
May 15th, 2007, 11:33 PM
I exceeded my download limit for the second month running, so I have decided to upgrade to Total Broadband with unlimited downloads.My new hub and phone will arrive on Thursday, are there any issues that anyone knows about? I will be using wired connection and wireless for my laptop and #2 desktop.

Daveski
May 15th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Should be fine, but note that BT do not provide any technical support for Linux:

I understand from your e-mail that you wish to know whether BT Total Broadband
support Linux Operating System. I am here to answer your query.

Please be informed that you will be able to use BT Total Broadband connection in
Linux Operating system. However, we do not provide technical support for Linux
Operating System. In future, if you have any broadband related queries, please
write to us at broadbandsupport@btinternet.com.

Thank you for using BT Total Broadband.

Mahesh
BT Total Broadband Support Team.

As a customer, you should ask them to consider supporting Linux.

lepz
May 15th, 2007, 11:51 PM
I dont think any ISP support Linux, I did mention a number of times that I use Linux ;) The sales person never even heard of it? I gave him the ubuntu url and told him as much as I could about Linux as I could in a couple of minutes.:lolflag:
I go and upgrade my internet package and I end up selling Linux ;)

beercz
May 16th, 2007, 12:59 PM
A friend of mine uses BT Total Broadband

I installed it for him using my ubuntu laptop and firefox - no problem.

And my laptop connects to his wireless network without any problems.

So, all should be OK.

Good luck.

rich.bradshaw
May 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I think any ISP is ok, apart from AOL.

helliewm
May 16th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I use like you Wired for my Desktop, Wireless for my laptop, with absolutely no problems at all. Just post or PM me if you encounter any. BT is suppose to have the best uptime of all ISP's. Also its very convenient for me just to pay it on my quarterly bill.

Helen

Daveski
May 16th, 2007, 10:29 PM
I still think that all BT customers in this forum should go through official channels to ask BT if their product will work with Linux. The more queries they get, the more likely they are to make moves NOT to say things like 'You need Windows XP or better'.

lepz
May 16th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for all your replies, should arrive tomorrow so will set it up tomorrow night. :)

beercz
May 16th, 2007, 10:59 PM
................ The more queries they get, the more likely they are to make moves NOT to say things like 'You need Windows XP or better'.
Look at my sig.:lolflag:

PriceChild
May 16th, 2007, 11:09 PM
I use BT Broadband.

I have a BT Home Hub and it works near perfectly. (dodgy wiring at my house causes faults every few days for a minute or two at a time)

You have nothing to worry about :)

Don't even bother installing any of that software on your windows pc. Just plug and play. Browse to http://bthomehub.home for configuration.