PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 770? Should I get one?

MonkeyBoy
May 15th, 2007, 07:44 PM
I have owned a Tapwave Zodiac for a couple of years now and before that I has another PalmOS device the name of which escapes me now. I have been using my Zodiac daily for reading ebooks, carrying photos, mp3s, and the occasional video.

Since switching to almost total Linux use I have found that using my Zodiac isn't quite as easy to sync as it was with Windows, and I dont really use it for games any more.

As I have a small amount of extra pay coming my way this month I thought it might be a good time to upgrade and I was considering a Nokia 770. It looks to have the sort of power I need and has the added bonus of wifi.

Does anyone have firsthand experience of the 770 and how friendly a device it is? I am also curious to know whether there are many extra open source apps for it out there?

Any other devices I should consider?

rggavubt
May 15th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I have a 770 and like it very much. I don't like that you can't install Java on it. I want to play some crossword puzzles that require Java and can't. The 770 has now been replaced with the N800. I would purchase the newer one. There is lots of software you can install on the device. The 770 has an opera browser. There is more available software for the 800 and software development for the 770 is slowing down.

ssam
May 15th, 2007, 08:27 PM
get a n800. it is a big improvement. updates and new software for 770 have slowed down.

omegamike3
July 9th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Here's my two cents over on another thread about the N800, if you're interested in hearing my experiences.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2990278#post2990278