PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntustudio >looks< fantastic - congrats

furunculus
May 13th, 2007, 11:22 AM
there doesn't appear to be a specific sub-forum for ubuntustudio so i post this here.

WOW! ubuntustudio looks good. the theme is great, the colour set perfect, this is the way ubuntu/kubuntu should look.

i look forward to future releases and hope you don't completely overhaul the look/theme because it is great.

ps what version of audacity and rosegarden does it come with?

pps it would be nice to have evolution or contact in there too.

kind regards

furunculus

wedderburn
May 13th, 2007, 11:58 AM
hehe glad you like it :),
i doubt we're gonna over hall the intire thing but we are going to lift the bar a bit with the next version :)

MetalMusicAddict
May 13th, 2007, 05:29 PM
there doesn't appear to be a specific sub-forum for ubuntustudio so i post this here.

WOW! ubuntustudio looks good. the theme is great, the colour set perfect, this is the way ubuntu/kubuntu should look.

i look forward to future releases and hope you don't completely overhaul the look/theme because it is great.

ps what version of audacity and rosegarden does it come with?

pps it would be nice to have evolution or contact in there too.

kind regards

furunculus

You could post this in General Chat just as someone using any *buntu would.

furunculus
May 13th, 2007, 09:28 PM
sorry, i am not a ubuntu user, so i am not familiar with the protocols of forum usage.

@ wedderburn.
i am delighted to hear that you sticking (broadly) with the theme, because it works, and is by far the best looking *.buntu i have encountered.

luisbg
May 14th, 2007, 02:03 AM
moved the thread to community cafe

thanks for the kudos.

proalan
May 14th, 2007, 02:17 AM

could someone post some sceenshots?

maniacmusician
May 14th, 2007, 03:48 AM
could someone post some sceenshots?
there were some good ones on their site until it went down...

Limitlesschannels
May 14th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Yeah, and the site has been down for a while, though. Luckily, I heart Google's Cache and was able to yank some out. I haven't actually used Ubuntu STudio yet, so i don't know if these are even accurate, but i am sure someone else can fix it if they aren't.

http://www.ubustu.com/globe/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/screenshot6xf5.png
(UbuntuStudio)

hm, actually, the cache isn't working, so these are just assorted one's i've found. This one seems a tad different though, so one of these is probably correct and the other is just a beta version or something.

This one said something about the 64 bit version, but i doubt they would have a completely different interface for it.
EDIT: Actually this is 64 Studio, thanks to eArquilla for that. I am leaving this one in for comparison purposes

http://www.desktoplinux.com/files/misc/64studio-screenshot.jpg
(64 Studio)

furunculus
May 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
tuxmachines.org has a review with screenshots.

proalan
May 14th, 2007, 11:52 AM
looks awsome, thanks

furunculus
May 15th, 2007, 03:34 PM
ps what version of audacity and rosegarden does it come with? (the new audacity 2 + RG 1.5.1)

pps it would be nice to have evolution or contact in there too. (be nice to have it as a full desktop system)

brim4brim
May 15th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Since I did download the theme for my Ubuntu I have to say great job guys. That theme looks much nicer than the default Ubuntu theme IMO. Nice to be able to just apt-get it too.

furunculus
May 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
does the theme work globally across all applications, even applications installed later, such as evolution, amarok etc?

as per this link:
http://www.howtoforge.com/the_perfect_desktop_ubuntustudio7.04

cheers

eArquilla
May 22nd, 2007, 06:19 PM
The first picture is Ubuntu Studio.

The latter is 64Studio, another multimedia os based on debian, entirely 64 bits.

Sunflower1970
May 22nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
I installed the Ubuntu Studio themes on my Dell. It not only looks fantastic but *sounds* fantastic too! Love the loggin and log out music :)

arbulus
May 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Ubuntu Studio is the most beautifully themed distro I've ever seen. I absolutely love the way it looks.

I didn't install the whole distro, I just added their repo to my Feisty box and installed the themes. I absolutely love it.

smbm
May 23rd, 2007, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know of a firefox theme to go with Ubuntustudio, not essential but would make for a greater feeling of completeness.

Thanks to all the dev's involved. Ubuntustudio rocks.

Mateo
May 23rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
I just don't see the point of having a sub-distro just for a different theme.

marco123
May 23rd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know of a firefox theme to go with Ubuntustudio, not essential but would make for a greater feeling of completeness.

I use one called "Gradient Gray 1.4" and it blends pretty well, not perfect though.

dan171717
May 23rd, 2007, 09:39 PM
it looks nice btw there is no need to get expensive macs now so they have saved pepole money too!

MetalMusicAddict
May 23rd, 2007, 09:39 PM
I just don't see the point of having a sub-distro just for a different theme.

Then you don't understand what Ubuntu Studio is.

If you want to know PM me or start a thread. Here's not the place.

arbulus
May 23rd, 2007, 09:43 PM

I use Cylence Theme 2: Black Diamond Edition RC1. It looks really great and integrates well with the rest of the UbuntuStudio theme.

smbm
May 23rd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Cheers I'll give them a look.

What I'm after (which might be a great opportunity to learn more about Firefox skins) is one with all the Ubuntustudio theme Nautilus back and forward buttons etc.

Like I said though not essential. Might do it as a project to tinker with whilst waiting for inspiration for tracks etc.