PDA

View Full Version : The Cardigans, a fantastic band

jfinkels
May 13th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Does anybody else like them? They're one of my favorites.

http://www.cardigans.com (on the website you can ask the bassist questions about anything and he'll respond very quickly; I've done it, it works)

mech7
May 13th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Don't like all songs from them Gran turismo is great though :D

karellen
May 13th, 2007, 09:22 AM
I like "lovefool", "my favourite game", "erase and rewind"...:)

mrgnash
May 13th, 2007, 10:47 AM
My first encounter with them was when they received mass radio/television-play for their 'Lovefool' single, and even though I could tell that there was an ironic side to the song that belied its ostensible saccharine sweeetness, I pretty much overlooked them... that was, until Gran Turismo and the awesome 'Erase and Rewind' and 'My Favourite Game'. I guess by that point I began to realise that there w as a lot more to them than I had previously thought, but I still wasn't terribly motivated to go and purchase the album or anything.

Fast forward a few years and, out of curiosity, I download some tracks off Long Gone Before Daylight -- and the music video for 'You're the Storm', and wow! I had always loved Nina's voice, and the rich, seductive melancholy of these songs just suited her so well. Add to that the song structure, instrumentation and lyrics all attained to a higher degree of sophistication than any of their previous efforts. Before, I would have said they were a solid pop band, but after LGBD, they're right up there with Fleetwood Mac for me as one of my favorite bands (if only they had a guitar virtuoso like Lindsey Buckingham :guitar: ).

Super Extra Gravity doesn't have quite the same appeal for me, but it's a fine album nevertheless and I can't wait to see what the future holds in store for them :) Oh, and Nina's solo work is quite brilliant as well.

jariku
May 13th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Just last week I bought their live DVD and I absolutely loved it. I don't currently own any of their albums but if I ever see some on vinyl, I'll definitely buy them.

Also, I love Nina.

diskotek
May 13th, 2007, 11:37 AM
nina persson is great. "erase & rewind" is my favorite.. i also loved the "what is worth" (or something like that. i lisened them live three years ago :)

by the way, there was eurovision last night :S

PartisanEntity
May 13th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Haven't listened to any of their music for a while, but I do own Erase and Rewind as well as Gran Turismo albums. They are not bad.

ltk5
May 13th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I like "lovefool", "my favourite game", "erase and rewind"...:)
me 2 :lol:

aysiu
May 13th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Life (http://www.amazon.com/Life-Cardigans/dp/B000003KX0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/104-8442284-6117504?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1179074551&sr=8-4) is an amazing album.

jfinkels
May 13th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Life (http://www.amazon.com/Life-Cardigans/dp/B000003KX0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/104-8442284-6117504?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1179074551&sr=8-4) is an amazing album.

I agree with aysiu...my favorites are First Band on the Moon and Life. I like the earlier, 'lighter' stuff more than Gran Turismo etc., but Gran Turismo is, I think, more of the style of music they originally set out to create. They got kind of upset when all the Americans heard Lovefool and thought they were another sweet little Swedish pop band. They're steeped in metal (i.e. Black Sabbath), they're supposed to be a little dark :D

curuxz
May 14th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Great band! :)

derjames
May 14th, 2007, 02:09 PM
from "gran turismo" :"erase and rewind", and "junk of the hearts"