PDA

View Full Version : Your experience with shipit?

icehammer
May 12th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I requested 10 Dapper CDs (3-4 months back), and i still haven't got them. My friend ordered them as well (same time), and he received them within 5 weeks.

Now i ordered 1 Fiesty CD, he ordered 3. He got his a few days back, and i still haven't!!!!

Why?? Is there no way to check what happened to the request, after ShipIt approves the order and it goes for shipping??

PS:
1. Country: India
2. We're only 1 block away..

H.E. Pennypacker
May 12th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I don't know why people always complain about ShipIt. Even if you don't have a CD-RW drive, it would take less time to travel to a computer that does than wait for the CDs to arrive. Suppose there's no computer around anywhere with a CD-RW, order a CD from the Internet. It will arrive much more quickly.

There's a lot of fuss about nothing. There are two options right there, and people are still complaining.

SZF2001
May 12th, 2007, 07:44 PM
If your a block away, surely you think you could maybe pull up to the front gate/door and just ask for a disc, right? Maybe they would be happy to, maybe not...

EdThaSlayer
May 12th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Why don't you borrow 1 of your friends copy?
You only need the cd to install the operating system on your hard drive.
Also, the internet in India isn't that slow, wait till you go to Kenya where you pay a premium($125) to get measly download speeds of 30 kbps.

aeiah
May 12th, 2007, 08:23 PM
im sure he/she isnt an idiot, and has probably thought of using or borrowing his friends, but that's beside the point somewhat.

regardless, it wont be shipits fault, its either coincidence, or you live on a street that's new or not properly registered with the post office, perhaps. those are my only guesses.

bastiegast
May 12th, 2007, 08:37 PM
The world is complex, and the number of factors influencing when your order is so big shipit can't possibly oversee it and there probably is no simple reason like discrimination you received your friend gets his CD's earlier.

Even if there's a change of 99 percent you get the CD's you might have bad luck and order ten times without receiving the CD's.

karellen
May 12th, 2007, 10:30 PM
I requested 10 Dapper CDs (3-4 months back), and i still haven't got them. My friend ordered them as well (same time), and he received them within 5 weeks.

Now i ordered 1 Fiesty CD, he ordered 3. He got his a few days back, and i still haven't!!!!

Why?? Is there no way to check what happened to the request, after ShipIt approves the order and it goes for shipping??

PS:
1. Country: India
2. We're only 1 block away..

it's a conspiracy :lolflag: , you'll see...

icehammer
May 14th, 2007, 04:39 PM
So i spoke too soon, i finally got my ubuntu CD today.. but when i checked integrity, i get: "Errors found in 460 files."

When i put in the CD when running windows, it never stops reading the CD, ultimately hangs and i have to reboot... crap.

H.E. Pennypacker
May 14th, 2007, 05:27 PM
So i spoke too soon, i finally got my ubuntu CD today.. but when i checked integrity, i get: "Errors found in 460 files."

When i put in the CD when running windows, it never stops reading the CD, ultimately hangs and i have to reboot... crap.

You think it is time to ask your friend for HIS CD? Sounds like that would work.

Anthem
May 14th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Actually, I know the answer to this. Mark Shuttleworth hates you. Probably because of your race.

Kidding, of course. But seriously, what makes you think there's any discrimination going on?

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/discriminate

PartisanEntity
May 14th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evidently ShipIt doesn't like the street you live on, time to move.

rajeev1204
May 14th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Dont get the title wrong people . He is just sad because his friend living nearby received the cd's and he didnt .

Ya we all hate that . Its called jealousy :)

By the way iam in india . bombay . I wonder when i will be getting the cd's .

I have ordered 10 ! Friends are waiting to get their hands on it .

And about the suggestion of burning a CD , bandwidth here is expensive .

Also Ubuntu branded CD's are way cooler than a regular burnt CD . It is a conscious effort on the part of ubuntu to get it more polular .and to ship it free worldwide .

aysiu
May 14th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Shouldn't this be retitled "Why is the Indian postal service discriminatory?"

rajeev1204
May 14th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Shouldn't this be retitled "Why is the Indian postal service discriminatory?"

Hmm maybe you are right . The title could be renamed .... Your experience with shipit or something like that

Or How much time it took for your cd to arrive . ... something like that maybe ?

FyreBrand
May 14th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Shouldn't this be retitled "Why is the Indian postal service discriminatory?"Hehehe. Maybe the OP should check and see if they offended their postal carrier?

curuxz
May 14th, 2007, 08:44 PM
you have a cd rom drive....wow

smoker
May 14th, 2007, 09:25 PM
i suspect the people at shipit only send them out as the orders come in, they don't hand deliver them, so i hardly think it fair to blame them for what is obviously a tardy postal service, whether in india, or somewhere enroute.

and how can it possibly be discrimination? have you offended someone at shipit, or something?

Lord Illidan
May 14th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Hehe, I can imagine them..

Oh, it's this guy from India.. Well, we won't send him anything, just ignore him, heard how he offended me yesterday?