PDA

View Full Version : I heard a rumor that Tux is a girl penguin

slimdog360
May 12th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I always just assumed that tux was a guy but maybe I'm wrong. Is there any reason as to why tux couldn't be a girl? I can't think of any reason why not.

lakersforce
May 12th, 2007, 05:07 PM
s/he is whatever you want her/him to be :D

matthew
May 12th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Lol.

Girl penguins usually wear bows on their heads.

Lucifiel
May 12th, 2007, 05:54 PM
No noo!!! :p

Tux is a chicken in disguise, I tell ya! :D

EdThaSlayer
May 12th, 2007, 05:58 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/320/070417itfeelsdifferentla3.gif

Tux better be a girl. Otherwise there is something wrong with :rolleyes: that picture above.

DoctorMO
May 12th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Tux better be a girl. Otherwise there is something wrong with that picture above.

too right there's something wrong, how dare tux smoke! apt-get remove fags

But yes, tux is female for sure.

jfinkels
May 12th, 2007, 06:03 PM
There would be something sort of...awesome, if tux was a girl. Sort of like how Alanis Morrisette was God in Dogma.

PilotJLR
May 12th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Remember... the "package name" you passed to apt-get there means really different things to different cultures. Not everyone will pickup on the context and see you're talking about cigarettes. :-)

jfinkels
May 12th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Remember... the "package name" you passed to apt-get there means really different things to different cultures. Not everyone will pickup on the context and see you're talking about cigarettes. :-)

Yikes, yeah :P

Stupid Americans!

rolando2424
May 12th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Now, if Tux was a girl, that would be something like the first Metroid game :D

(But I beleive there is a girlfriend of Tux, and she wear a bow on her head or something.)

H.E. Pennypacker
May 12th, 2007, 06:57 PM
too right there's something wrong, how dare tux smoke! apt-get remove fags

Blatant HOMOPHOBIA!!!!!! HOW can this this be tolerated?! :mad:

hartz
May 12th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Now, if Tux was a girl, that would be something like the first Metroid game :D

(But I beleive there is a girlfriend of Tux, and she wear a bow on her head or something.)

Tux has got a girlfriend in several of the Tux games.

I'm thinking that if the Tux was a girl, "she" would have sat with her legs together or crossed?

ArtificialSynapse
May 12th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah, Tux is obviously a guy.

heimo
May 12th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Tux has got a girlfriend in several of the Tux games.

Yeah, in supertux Tuxs girlfriend Gown gets kidnapped.

Lucifiel
May 12th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Blatant HOMOPHOBIA!!!!!! HOW can this this be tolerated?! :mad:

In British, fags is also a slang for cigarette.

SZF2001
May 12th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I learnt that the hard way. While working, one Brit came up and said to me, "Hey mate, got a *** I can light up now?"

I'm all thinking... 'Holy **** this guy just wants me to give away gay people for him to burn...?"

I don't like our culture, to be honest.

jfinkels
May 12th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I'm thinking that if the Tux was a girl, "she" would have sat with her legs together or crossed?

Not necessarily...Linux is sexy...

aeiah
May 12th, 2007, 08:46 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/320/070417itfeelsdifferentla3.gif

Tux better be a girl. Otherwise there is something wrong with :rolleyes: that picture above.

you heard it here first: its perfectly legitimate to sleep with penguins, provided they're female

lepz
May 12th, 2007, 08:51 PM
In British, fags is also a slang for cigarette.

Not content with stealing the name football or changing the spellings of many things, your now trying to tell the world we speak British! wtf?

Extreme Coder
May 12th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I learnt that the hard way. While working, one Brit came up and said to me, "Hey mate, got a *** I can light up now?"

I'm all thinking... 'Holy **** this guy just wants me to give away gay people for him to burn...?"

I don't like our culture, to be honest.

LOL

Maybe Tux is genderless?

Rhox
May 12th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Does it matter?

DoctorMO
May 12th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Not content with stealing the name football or changing the spellings of many things, your now trying to tell the world we speak British! wtf?

Don't worry we speak English, Americans speak some form of warped localised variety that only they and the world bank officially use; everyone else uses proper English from England. although in this case it's english slang so not really a language problem.

Sorry if I caused offence but you really should know the difference between a biscuit and a scone.

Back on topic, not that it does matter but Tux is a mascot not a real thing... oh wait no there is a penguin in bristol zoo (uk) supported by the linux community called Tux who is male.

Rhox
May 12th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Don't worry we speak English, Americans speak some form of warped localised variety that only they and the world bank officially use; everyone else uses proper English from England. although in this case it's english slang so not really a language problem.

How is it more proper?

borris.morris
May 12th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Well, Tux is like Linux, he/she is what you want to be. You could, "Customize" him/her.

EdThaSlayer
May 12th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Well, Tux is like Linux, he/she is what you want to be. You could, "Customize" him/her.

Time to put Tux in a bikini. :popcorn:

Hairy_Palms
May 12th, 2007, 09:41 PM
the thought of tux with a 20 deck of marlboro lights cracks me up ^^

goumples
May 12th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Its Microsoft FUD

beercz
May 12th, 2007, 11:02 PM
.. oh wait no there is a penguin in bristol zoo (uk) supported by the linux community called Tux who is male.
I didn't know this!

Don't tell me, there's a web site for this penguin right?

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a web cam for it either!

Tundro Walker
May 12th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Tux is ambiguously hermaphroditic, just the way all the kids want to be these days. See, Tux really is the future! LOL!

"He or a she...this...or...that! It's just Pat!" (Saturday Night Live)

blackspyder
May 12th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Don't worry we speak English, Americans speak some form of warped localised variety that only they and the world bank officially use; everyone else uses proper English from England.

Actually, we speak many warped localized versions. My cousins in Michigan cannot understand me, nor I them.

Onto Tux. I always considered that it was male due to the posture, demeanor, and the look of it.

jimrz
May 13th, 2007, 12:05 AM
well she is kinda cute ;)

Lucifiel
May 14th, 2007, 06:54 AM

Yeah, whatever... :p

I though Britain came first and then America? ^^;;

Still, who cares, mate? It's just 2 languages and the English I speak is actually a mixture of both.

lepz
May 14th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah, whatever... :p

I though Britain came first and then America? ^^;;

Still, who cares, mate? It's just 2 languages and the English I speak is actually a mixture of both.

I aint your mate! "buddy" :razz:

Lucifiel
May 14th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I aint your mate! "buddy" :razz:

:p

LOL... you're my "mate" and you're staying "mate" forever. :D