PDA

View Full Version : Live CD making problem

asfaq
May 12th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Hi there.. am trying to make a custom Ubuntu fiesty live cd.. i want to customise the boot screens and apps available in the disk.. am using UCK instead of reconstructor (i just couldnt get any custom programs to load into it.) Could someone help me with how to get some programs loaded onto the custom iso and also change the bootscreens and themes in UCK.. I dont mind going onto reconstructor once again too if anyone can show me how to get the programs loaded into the ISO file..

PS: I have gone through the notes etc but tht didnt help.

smartboyathome
May 12th, 2007, 06:00 PM
When trying to add and remove programs in reconstructor, you have to go into the terminal and manually copy and paste your sources.list into there. Then, apt-get update && apt-get upgrade in that same terminal. Now, do not close the terminal yet! apt-get install your programs and you are ready to go! Be warned, though, make sure that you get all the programs on your disk, as once you finish, there is no way to edit it.

asfaq
May 14th, 2007, 05:33 AM
When trying to add and remove programs in reconstructor, you have to go into the terminal and manually copy and paste your sources.list into there. Then, apt-get update && apt-get upgrade in that same terminal. Now, do not close the terminal yet! apt-get install your programs and you are ready to go! .

Erm.. i dont understand this part.. i tried entering 'sudo gtkedit apt/etc/sources.list' in a new terminal window and copied the contents. Then i entered the same command in the reconstructor window but nothing happend.. (as you have by now realised.. am a toal noob!!!)

Pardon my ignorance!

asfaq
May 14th, 2007, 12:37 PM
another update.. I reinstalled ubuntu and updated it. When i try check my ISO isze, it still says "Calculating Live ISO Size...
Error calculating estimated iso size: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'"

Also i was not able to install libusplash-dev or usplash-dev. It says that the dependency was not found! I am running on an updated version of Ubuntu 6.06. Even if i do an apt-get update and then try to install the dependency, it gives the same message.

Any solutions?

asfaq
May 16th, 2007, 12:52 PM
anybody there? :(

asfaq
May 16th, 2007, 02:00 PM
here is the terminal output i get when i try to make my cd... still havent found a way to slip stream the custom programs in.. i would REALLY appreciate it if anyone could help.. am at my wits end here and dont want to give up!

INFO: Customizing...
Error setting user info: local variable 'f' referenced before assignment
Customizing Live CD Splash Image...
Setting Live CD Text color...
Customizing boot usplash...
Customizing Gnome wallpaper...
Setting Gnome theme...
Setting Gnome window borders...
Setting Gnome icons...
Configuring GDM...
Setting GDM Security...
Setting GDM XDMCP...
Setting GDM Theme...
Setting GDM Sounds...
Backing up GDM configuration...
Saving GDM configuration...
Customizing Gnome Splash Screen...
Backing up old apt config...
Unable to detect codename for Ubuntu CD Version - APT Repositories will NOT be modified...
Running modules...
Beryl & Emerald - Running in custom directory...
chmod: cannot access `/home/asfaq/Desktop/reconstructor/live': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `cd/root/tmp/module-exec.sh': No such file or directory
Copying DNS info...
cp: target `cd/root/etc/resolv.conf' is not a directory
Mounting /proc filesystem...
Copying apt.conf configuration...
cp: target `cd/root/etc/apt/apt.conf' is not a directory
Copying wgetrc configuration...
cp: target `cd/root/etc/wgetrc' is not a directory

(gnome-terminal:19970): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
Restoring wgetrc configuration...
Removing apt.conf configuration...
Removing DNS info...
Umounting /proc...
Calculating Live ISO Size...
Error calculating estimated iso size: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
INFO: Customizing...
Error setting user info: local variable 'f' referenced before assignment
Customizing Live CD Splash Image...
Setting Live CD Text color...
Customizing boot usplash...
Customizing Gnome wallpaper...
Setting Gnome theme...
Setting Gnome window borders...
Setting Gnome icons...
Configuring GDM...
Setting GDM Security...
Setting GDM XDMCP...
Setting GDM Theme...
Setting GDM Sounds...
Backing up GDM configuration...
Saving GDM configuration...
Customizing Gnome Splash Screen...
Backing up old apt config...
mv: cannot stat `/home/asfaq/Desktop/reconstructor/live cd/root/etc/apt/sources.list': No such file or directory
Unable to detect codename for Ubuntu CD Version - APT Repositories will NOT be modified...
Running modules...
Beryl & Emerald - Running in custom directory...
chmod: cannot access `/home/asfaq/Desktop/reconstructor/live': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `cd/root/tmp/module-exec.sh': No such file or directory
Copying DNS info...
cp: target `cd/root/etc/resolv.conf' is not a directory
Mounting /proc filesystem...
Copying apt.conf configuration...
cp: target `cd/root/etc/apt/apt.conf' is not a directory
Copying wgetrc configuration...
cp: target `cd/root/etc/wgetrc' is not a directory

(gnome-terminal:20077): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
Restoring wgetrc configuration...
Removing apt.conf configuration...
Removing DNS info...
Umounting /proc...
Calculating Live ISO Size...
Error calculating estimated iso size: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

SgtDude
May 22nd, 2007, 06:37 PM
Erm.. i dont understand this part.. i tried entering 'sudo gtkedit apt/etc/sources.list' in a new terminal window and copied the contents. Then i entered the same command in the reconstructor window but nothing happend.. (as you have by now realised.. am a toal noob!!!)

Pardon my ignorance!

I'm pretty sure the chroot environment that terminal is running under doesn't support X, so you'll have to use a text based editor. nano is pre-installed and works fine for me.

So you'll want to type:
nano /etc/apt/sources.list
within reconstructor's terminal, that'll edit the livecd's sources.list. Then you can apt-get whatever apps you need.

eslam
February 18th, 2009, 01:59 PM
what about modules i tried to use reconstructor modules
i wrote one but i didn't feel the effect of it
i downloaded one of reconstructor team modules to use but also in vain
have anybody any information about reconstructor modules and how to use
and if it has problems how to fix it

thank in advance