PDA

View Full Version : Support Map

etank
May 12th, 2007, 03:35 AM
We have been working on a new tool. Check out http://map.ky.ubuntu-us.org/. Add your information to the site if you are interested in participating. This is something that is still in the works but it is really coming along. :)

Condoulo
May 12th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Doesn't look too bad. There could be a bit more in Louisville, but other than that, it is coming along great.

etank
May 13th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Condoulo,

I agree with you. You can add your information to the page if you like and give us one more on the map.

sadalmelik57
May 13th, 2007, 02:16 AM
I've added my info to the support map - but for goodness sakes, who in their right mind knows their latitude and longitude, just off the top of their head? I took a stab at it, after consulting with KStars.

Koji-Murasame
May 13th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Etank posted his in IRC and I tweaked it until it sat over my apartment. Also, I found out later if you look up a major city (Lexington, for example) on Wikipedia it has that latitude and longitude listed.

sadalmelik57
May 13th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I got it updated with an accurate Long/Lat now. I finally realized I had to use Negative longitude. I guess my balloon marker was somewhere out in the ocean, but now it is hovering over Elizabethtown and that helps fill in one gap.

Koji-Murasame
May 13th, 2007, 06:37 PM
What's with the spot out in the South Atlantic off the western coast of Africa?

comfurtn
May 14th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Google Earth displays latitude and longitude for the current pointer position.