PDA

View Full Version : Is there a fax2pdf deb available??

kevdog
May 11th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Looking for a way when receiving faxes to convert to pdf. I visited sourceforge and found that although the fax2pdf is no longer maintained, the source was still available. Problem is though that with Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 I couldn't get the source to compile. Ive seen references to a deb package, however all the links were broken.

Anyone know where I can find a binary, or have good instructions on how to compile this file??

Sef
May 11th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Are you able to read your faxes in Open Office Word Processor? If so, then use OpenOffice to convert your faxes to pdf. Either click on the create PDF button, or look under File.

vigi1
May 12th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Looking for a way when receiving faxes to convert to pdf. I visited sourceforge and found that although the fax2pdf is no longer maintained, the source was still available. Problem is though that with Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 I couldn't get the source to compile. Ive seen references to a deb package, however all the links were broken.

Anyone know where I can find a binary, or have good instructions on how to compile this file??

If you go to the how to install a PDF printer on the following link, this should do it.

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Feisty#How_to_add_a_printer

It allows you to install a virtual printer so you can print anything as a PDF?

You can also do it with open office howeven, this produces smaller files and is quicker.

kevdog
May 12th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Sorry I forgot to mention, I basicallly looking for a command line utility. Something similar to fax2ps, or pdff2ps.

kevdog
May 12th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the link above -- installing virtual-pdf printer was a key that would work with the lp command.

Thanks