PDA

View Full Version : Registration page formatting off in internet explorer

jedijf
May 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Attn: All people working on the registration form:

the formatting is off when viewed with internet explorer.

Also, for the next two weeks as we approach the installfest, would it be possible to more prominently display a banner or graphic link to a page
or group of pages solely devoted to the event?

jedijf
jim fisher

lamalex
May 11th, 2007, 09:57 PM
pleia2 has put up a quick fix, it's not nearly as pretty as it was but actually works in IE. I'll work on the event page tonight when I get home.

kejava
May 12th, 2007, 03:45 AM
I just tested it against IE again. Her fix looks good. I'm still getting this when I do a fake registration: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: user_input_checker() in /var/www/virtual/meetlinux.com/htdocs/register.php on line 63"

lamalex
May 12th, 2007, 05:41 AM
should be 100% good to go now. sorry about that guys.

kejava
May 12th, 2007, 06:01 AM
No problem. We're always going to run into a few bumps in the road. I just made a fake registration and it accepted it without issue. Nice work.

Next we need that big tacky, dancing registration banner for the registration link on meetlinux.com. The older guys at MLCUG are gonna beat me to a bloody pulp with their Coke bottle bifocals coz they can't read that small print 8-[

kejava
May 12th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Also, for the next two weeks as we approach the installfest, would it be possible to more prominently display a banner or graphic link to a page or group of pages solely devoted to the event?

I'm thinking replace those 4 paragraphs of tiny print with something like this:

Click here to register for the Ubuntu Install-Fest on June 2 at NTR (http://www.meetlinux.com/register.php)

Click here for more detailed information. (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/Philly/InstallFest/)

Except, make the fonts huge.

jedijf
May 12th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Actually, I was thinking of a link where the pa state flag is.

upper right corner next to title.

INSTALLFEST as a link to a main install fest page with:

location - date - time - map
registration form
waiver
what to bring / do before you arrive
flyers (anyone can help promote)
links to differnet flavors xubu - kubu - ubu - to help decide what they want
irc chat channel - almost always somebody is there
upcoming local events or just the calendar

just until the actual event.

alex, just consider this the post prom party. no rush.
plus, you promised gabby a g4!

jedijf
jim fisher