PDA

View Full Version : uBuntu on mobile...

warlock_handler
May 11th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Hi guys,
seen this link recently.. was very happy to know that uBuntu is gonna be the next big thing on mobile phones...

read: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6634195.stm

Linux evolves for mobile devices

A version of the increasingly popular Linux operating system Ubuntu will be developed for use on net-enabled phones and devices.

Snargledorf
May 11th, 2007, 01:05 PM
This is a great step forward since now more people are going to be exposed to ubuntu now.

warlock_handler
May 11th, 2007, 03:15 PM
This is a great step forward since now more people are going to be exposed to ubuntu now.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:guitar:

PartisanEntity
May 11th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Very cool, I used to have an ipaq which I sold because I was so frustrated with Windows PocketPC or whatever it was called, it kept crashing on me and it was just a nightmare, I never hated a device so much.

This might be a new era for mobile devices.

warlock_handler
May 11th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Very cool, I used to have an ipaq which I sold because I was so frustrated with Windows PocketPC or whatever it was called, it kept crashing on me and it was just a nightmare, I never hated a device so much.

This might be a new era for mobile devices.

hahahahhahahahhah .... MS is gonna soon crash... in the OS world tooo.. like it has in the web world... :lolflag:

Hendrixski
May 11th, 2007, 03:37 PM
The BBC has been covering Ubuntu a lot lately. No major news network in the US seems to be. I keep checking CNN, Fox "news" and NBC, no Ubuntu anywhere. so, GO BBC!!! for covering cool stuff like this.

I can't wait to apt-get stuff on my phone

moffatt666
May 11th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Ubuntu+Mobile=an actual useful device that does more than make calls and does it properly!

warlock_handler
May 11th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Ubuntu+Mobile=an actual useful device that does more than make calls and does it properly!

I am already loving this.....