PDA

View Full Version : How do I make my Suzuki Esteem look like a Jaguar XJS?

steven8
May 11th, 2007, 08:36 AM
How can I make my Suzuki Esteem look more like the sporty Jaguar XJS?

igknighted
May 11th, 2007, 10:28 AM
How can I make my Suzuki Esteem look more like the sporty Jaguar XJS?

LOL! I love the thread, but it makes Ubuntu/linux seem like a cheap POS (no offense to you suzuki). Perhaps how to make my Bently look like my Boxster?

steven8
May 11th, 2007, 11:01 AM
LOL! I love the thread, but it makes Ubuntu/linux seem like a cheap POS (no offense to you suzuki). Perhaps how to make my Bently look like my Boxster?

Oddly enough, the only reason we got an Esteem was because it was so dang cheap. . .here in the US. One day at work, an engineer from India, who had just returned from a month trip home, asked me how I like my Suzuki Esteem. I said it was okay, and he said that in India, the Suzuki Esteem was the ". . .car of the rich man." Only rich men owned Suzukis back in India.

Can anyone from India confirm or deny this. or does anyone have a Jaguar theme I can put on this thing?!?!

slimdog360
May 11th, 2007, 11:11 AM
hmm, your going to need a chainsaw, an pick, some electrical tape and cool flame stickers.

- cut the roof off with the chainsaw
- use the pick to put some speed holes in it
- put on the stickers to make it look cool
- tape together any of the loose ends.

BuffaloX
May 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
OK here goes...

1: Lower it
2: New paint job, two color to make it look sleeker.
3: spoilers
4: exhaust attachment for looks and sound.
5: Extreme low profile tires and bigger wheels.
6: Harder suspension for better road grip.
7: Tuning chip to improve engine performance.

Then you have a car that is much cooler than the Jaguar,
Unique - faster - better handling - better mileage - less maintenance,
Better luggage capacity - better room for passengers.

Alternatively you could just put a Linux sticker on it...

steven8
May 11th, 2007, 11:19 AM
hmm, your going to need a chainsaw, an pick, some electrical tape and cool flame stickers.

- cut the roof off with the chainsaw
- use the pick to put some speed holes in it
- put on the stickers to make it look cool
- tape together any of the loose ends.

OK here goes...

1: Lower it
2: New paint job, two color to make it look sleeker.
3: spoilers
4: exhaust attachment for looks and sound.
5: Extreme low profile tires and bigger wheels.
6: Harder suspension for better road grip.
7: Tuning chip to improve engine performance.

Then you have a car that is much cooler than the Jaguar,
Unique - faster - better handling - better mileage - less maintenance,
Better luggage capacity - better room for passengers.

Alternatively you could just put a Linux sticker on it...

Now, these are AWESOME suggestions, but (don't kill me anyone. :) ) - How do I get Suzuki to give me these options when I purchase the car?! :popcorn:

Tux Aubrey
May 11th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I suspect you will need administrator privileges.

When Suzuki send you the password, just open the terminal and type:

sudo apt-get jag

sudo apt-get remove suzuki s-box

I think Arnieboy will have a script for it in Automatix soon.

Good luck!

BuffaloX
May 11th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Now, these are AWESOME suggestions, but (don't kill me anyone. :) ) - How do I get Suzuki to give me these options when I purchase the car?! :popcorn:

Thats a good question, I think many ask that.

The Suzuki community should join and ask Suzuki to offer the Jaguar XJS mod.
It is then up to Suzuki to decide if they want to offer this.
They may have to make some minor changes to the car, to make it compatible with the Jaguar mods.
Maybe an other vendor will be more willing, if successful in the end maybe all cars can be delivered with optinal Jaguar mods.
Do not expect to get Jaguar XJS as default, The supplier may choose another cool look like Ferrari.
But that is still helpfull, because it almost guarantees compatibility with the XJS mod.

Most suppliers only supply "bleak look" aka "broken glass", or "hot air", it's hard to modify, looks the same on every car, it's expensive, and frequently require a new paint-job or it begins to rust.
"Bleak Look" is owned by "Mega Strong" aka "M$". the name does not in any way reflect their products, but the way they do business. So it's quite risky to offer alternatives.

One major company has promised to offer the Jaguar XJS mod, unfortunately only in the US.
Mega Strong has not reacted yet, but be sure it wont be nice.

jfrancis
May 11th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Take the Suzuki Esteem Badge and put it on the Jag. Done \o/

%hMa@?b<C
May 11th, 2007, 01:33 PM
performance chips do nothing but cause the car to run rich. Save your money time and gas

samjh
May 11th, 2007, 02:05 PM
This reminds of a really funny ad in Australian cinemas from a while back. A bored Indian lad turns a clapped out Hindustan Ambassador into a new model Peugeot 206 by smashing it, sitting on it with an elephant, panel beating and welding it into shape. And then he rocks it into town (complete with Bollywood techno music) with a bunch of mates sitting at the back, and the girls are eyeing him, etc. Totally cracked up.
:guitar:

I found it! Here: http://jalopnik.com/cars/ad-watch/ad-watch-convert-your-amby-into-a-peugeot-206-238674.php

:D

fuscia
May 11th, 2007, 02:46 PM
check out www.suzuki-look.org gnub!

mills
May 11th, 2007, 03:36 PM
this looks like a job for the gimp

moffatt666
May 11th, 2007, 04:04 PM
OK, here's what you need to do. Type the following into the (centre)console:

su
<password>
cd /usr/bin/jag
./configurecar
make
make xjs
modifytyres -- avon
modifyride -- stiffer
modifyrideheight -- 100mm
modifyengine -- 3.2L
regno -- <existing car's reg no.>
notifyla
buildvehicle

There you have it, a brand new(ish) Jag.

prizrak
May 11th, 2007, 04:20 PM
*Hopes this is a joke*

adamJ5
May 11th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I suspect you will need administrator privileges.

When Suzuki send you the password, just open the terminal and type:

I think Arnieboy will have a script for it in Automatix soon.

Good luck!

Hahahaha!

Gargamella
May 11th, 2007, 05:03 PM
you have to pimp your car ;D

call xibit, nothing else to say. ( I hate them all)

lepz
May 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I would rather have it looking like an E-Type seconds thoughts no, I would rather own an E-Type ;)

mech7
May 11th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Oddly enough, the only reason we got an Esteem was because it was so dang cheap. . .here in the US. One day at work, an engineer from India, who had just returned from a month trip home, asked me how I like my Suzuki Esteem. I said it was okay, and he said that in India, the Suzuki Esteem was the ". . .car of the rich man." Only rich men owned Suzukis back in India.

Can anyone from India confirm or deny this. or does anyone have a Jaguar theme I can put on this thing?!?!

Hahahaha you sure he didn't just say that to make you feel a bit better cause you bought a Suzuki :D

steven8
May 12th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Wow, there are so many great posts I'd like to quote, but if I did, this post would be way too long!!

@Prizak - With the proliferation of threads regarding how people want Ubuntu to look like another OS. . .you have to ask that?? :lolflag:

@mech7 - I only bought a Suzuki because my Ford Contour was sending out smoke signals to all the cars behind me, I didn't have a penny in my pocket, and the dealer allowed me to walk out without my Contour - with the Suzuki, and no money out of pocket. Also, I worked with the engineer from India for 4 years. . .if he has a talent for humor of ANY form. . .I never saw it. :popcorn:

What I AM excited about, is that arnieboy may have a script for this in Automatix. I love that little utility. :)

Otherwise, I'll take the idea of attaching my Suzuki logo plate to a Jag. There are more than one parked in the executive garage every morning.

Did anyone here know that Jag makes a wagon!!! Whoa!! The soccer moms would all be WAY jealous when you bring your kids in that. :guitar: