PDA

View Full Version : would you donate me blank CD-Rs ?

medya
May 10th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Hey a few years ago a friend of mine gave me 100 Blank CD-Rs as a gift, which he didn't need (his office gave him free CDs), and I loved the gift, but I've run out of blank CDs. If someone has blank CD-Rs and doesn't need them, I would appreciate it if you would donate them to me. I'm a student, I'm poor. Wink, wink (or ;-) )

a12ctic
May 10th, 2007, 01:00 AM
they cost like 10$ (per 100) man....

Enverex
May 10th, 2007, 01:19 AM
You also need to correct the topic, it says "black". Which coincidentally made me remember the days of the Playstation 1 and it's cool looking Black discs that you used to be able to find CD-R versions of too but very rarely.

prizrak
May 10th, 2007, 02:40 PM
You are kind far otherwise I would have.

anaconda
May 10th, 2007, 02:48 PM
they cost like 10$ (per 100) man....

Huh.. not that cheap everywhere..

I have to pay about 10$ for 10 CD-R:s

DVDs are a lot cheaper..I get about 3 DVD:s for 1 dollar.

But I can get DVD:s free of the copyright penalty. Most of the CD:s price is penalty..
Or penalty for writing copyrighted materia to those CD:s.. even if I write Ubuntu to them.

We are assumed to be criminals because it IS possible to break the copyrights. So everyone pays.

rai4shu2
May 10th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Why not? You can be arrested for *owning* a car driven by drunk driver:

http://wbal.com/news/story.asp?articleid=57611

PartisanEntity
May 10th, 2007, 04:02 PM
You also need to correct the topic, it says "black". Which coincidentally made me remember the days of the Playstation 1 and it's cool looking Black discs that you used to be able to find CD-R versions of too but very rarely.

What are those CD's? I have only ever seen one black CD-R and I thought it was quite 'cool' looking.

aeiah
May 10th, 2007, 04:42 PM
its impractical for me to send you blank cds, what with living in the uk, but if you really cant find anywhere local that will sell cheap blanks then you could always get them on ebay, or any online store (if they dont add the tax on when you enter your zip code)

aeiah
May 10th, 2007, 04:43 PM
What are those CD's? I have only ever seen one black CD-R and I thought it was quite 'cool' looking.

a couple of years ago i bought a spindle of those. i think they were just standard unbranded blanks from pcworld. ive still got a few lying around but they've all got data on them :/

TravisNewman
May 10th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I fixed your subject line. :)

Old Pink
May 10th, 2007, 05:24 PM
There's a place for posts like this: http://freecycle.org/

And on eBay, you can get them in 100s for $10. Why not just head there and make a quick purchase?

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&fcl=3&sofindtype=0&frpp=50&from=R10&satitle=100+CD-R+-%28sleeve%2Cpaper%2Ccase%29&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&sascs=2&fasi=1&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=3%26fsoo%3D1&fgtp=

Seriously, I know we're a nice, giving community, but to come here and beg? :lol:

medya
May 10th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I am sorry I am so poor , yep I have become such a pan handler ...:(

esaym
May 10th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Pan handling increases socials skills much better than alcohol:p

medya
May 10th, 2007, 07:54 PM
ha ha yep... I think being pan handler is much better than being Bill Gates and charging people hunderds for a software...

I myself have contrinubed much for FREE to ppl... (for exampl my blog) so it is what ubuntu is ...
I help u and u help me...

Enverex
May 11th, 2007, 03:42 AM
Yay... another blog...

Seriously, if you can afford a computer and internet, you can afford a few CD-Rs, they cost virtually nothing these days.

medya
May 11th, 2007, 04:31 AM
who says I bought my computer by myself ? and one can afford something at one time and affor nothing later...
when I bought it I wasnt a student living on my own money! I was a kid at dad home

B. Gates
May 11th, 2007, 04:39 AM
ha ha yep... I think being pan handler is much better than being Bill Gates and charging people hunderds for a software...
WHAT YOU SAY!!!

argie
May 11th, 2007, 06:23 AM
a couple of years ago i bought a spindle of those. i think they were just standard unbranded blanks from pcworld. ive still got a few lying around but they've all got data on them :/

I have a couple of discs like that. Mine are by some company called Airis, I think. Funny, those were among my first Linux cds, Red Hat 8, I think.

macogw
May 11th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Huh.. not that cheap everywhere..

I have to pay about 10$ for 10 CD-R:s

DVDs are a lot cheaper..I get about 3 DVD:s for 1 dollar.

But I can get DVD:s free of the copyright penalty. Most of the CD:s price is penalty..
Or penalty for writing copyrighted materia to those CD:s.. even if I write Ubuntu to them.

We are assumed to be criminals because it IS possible to break the copyrights. So everyone pays.

WHAT? CD-RWs might be a $1 each, but I paid $12 for a 50-pack of CD-Rs. DVD-Rs were $15 for a 20 pack. Why would they ever charge MORE for CDs which hold LESS data than DVDs?