PDA

View Full Version : Glossary of Terms?

Iokua
May 9th, 2007, 11:25 PM
After reading this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=438061) -- in which a new Ubuntu user is completely confused by the Linux "lingo" -- I'm wondering: is there a glossary of terms for new Ubuntu/Linux users? I'm not talking about something that goes into great detail, but rather a concise guide that explains each term in plain English with minimal technical language. I've been unable to find anything like this in the Ubuntu documentation.

DoctorMO
May 9th, 2007, 11:29 PM
create something in the wiki that allows users to add entries that are unknown to them and other users to answer them.

Iokua
May 9th, 2007, 11:47 PM
create something in the wiki that allows users to add entries that are unknown to them and other users to answer them.

That's what I was thinking about doing, but I don't want to go through all of the trouble if something like this already exists and I'm just too dumb to find it. :)

tgm4883
May 9th, 2007, 11:51 PM
I read that thread you posted, and I don't think a glossary of terms would have helped the guy. It seems he is predisposed to not liking linux. He was given much help in that thread, and simply didn't seem to like the responses he was getting