PDA

View Full Version : GSSAPI perl module needs krb5-config

simba00
May 9th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Hello, I'm trying to compile the GSSAPI perl module using cpan

It doesn't compile. The docs say to make sure krb5-config is present (http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/LWP/AGROLMS/GSSAPI-0.23.readme) - but what does that actually mean?

I've done
apt-get install krb5-user but it still wants more from me - here's the output from sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell

cpan> make GSSAPI
Running make for module GSSAPI
Running make for A/AG/AGROLMS/GSSAPI-0.24.tar.gz
Is already unwrapped into directory /home/simba/.cpan/build/GSSAPI-0.24

CPAN.pm: Going to build A/AG/AGROLMS/GSSAPI-0.24.tar.gz

Welcome to GSSAPI.pm setup!

run "perl Makefile.PL --help" to see further installation options
----------------------------------------------------------
Searching krb5-config command... not found! at Makefile.PL line 94. It's driving me crazy because I'm clearly missing something obvious - but what?

Thanks for looking,

S.

pointone
May 9th, 2007, 11:06 PM
sudo apt-get install krb5-config

simba00
May 10th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Hello, thanks for replying.

When I run that apt-get tho, my terminal says the 'krb-config is already the latest version'

Is there some way I need to associate it with the Makefile.PL or perl's make.conf? It's obviously not happening automatically. Or else, perl can't see that I already have krb5-config for some reason.

A real puzzle.

eternalsword
March 18th, 2008, 03:36 PM
For those that come across this like me looking for an answer, the solution is installing libkrb5-dev as that is the package that contains /usr/bin/krb5-config the krb5-config package only contains the configuration files.

Draiodoir
June 11th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Just came up against this today when trying to install LDAPCONTRIB for twiki and this fixed it for me. It's great when people take the time to post the solution on their own posts when they find them. Thanks