PDA

View Full Version : Freezes when going into host

Brip
May 9th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hi
I'm new to Ubuntu and Wubi, having used Wubi to install Ubuntu 7.04 onto the D: partition of my Win XP computer (win XP on C: partition), last week.

It's working well except whenever I try going into the 'host' on the filesystem, the computer freezes. Completely. Only thing I can do is hold in the power button to switch the computer off.
For example, if I dbl-click on the 'host' folder icon on the desktop, a window opens, but it hangs on the hourglass (or ubuntu spinning-wheel equivalent), then completely freezes.
I can replicate this behaviour consistently and also when I try going to the host folder through an open file dialog box, eg. trying to navigate to a file in gedit.

Any ideas what the problem is or where to look for a solution (can't find anything on the forums, although as new to Linux, not sure what I'm looking for!)?

ago
May 9th, 2007, 02:46 PM
It's working well except whenever I try going into the 'host' on the filesystem, the computer freezes. Completely. Only thing I can do is hold in the power button to switch the computer off.
For example, if I dbl-click on the 'host' folder icon on the desktop, a window opens, but it hangs on the hourglass (or ubuntu spinning-wheel equivalent), then completely freezes.

I'll test that and see if I can replicate that on my side. Anyone else having this issue?