PDA

View Full Version : how would one crack wep with os x?

bionnaki
May 9th, 2007, 06:36 AM
im looking for a guide. anyone know? thanks

ericesque
May 9th, 2007, 07:04 AM
haha! seriously. 800+ posts, and you would ask that question on these forums? You're kidding yourself if you expect an answer. Sorry.

frup
May 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM
You can't do anything on a mac :P

bionnaki
May 9th, 2007, 04:02 PM
haha! seriously. 800+ posts, and you would ask that question on these forums? You're kidding yourself if you expect an answer. Sorry.

whats wrong with asking a security-related question about osx in a osx subforum?

rai4shu2
May 9th, 2007, 04:04 PM
You could probably check out what's available on Fink or DarwinPorts.

DJ_Max
May 10th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Google around. Found one Kismac
Mind you, you need a decent system.

And what are you talking about ericesque?

reckless2k2
May 10th, 2007, 05:24 PM
it can actually be done quite easily using a few different applications out there. i play with a few different penetration testing packages which are multi-platform or you can run many from a bootable CD or USB key.

ThinkBuntu
May 13th, 2007, 03:01 AM
You'll want to use Kismac, a Mac port for Kismet. It's an excellent application that's easy to use, with WEP and WPA cracking. It uses some default algorithms, brute force, and wordlists to get the job done. I can't spek personally about its effectiveness: They still haven't figured out how to put the Airport Extreme card in my Macbook into passive mode. Even so, I've seen videos and what not online, and it appears to be the real deal. Check out their homepage and even the IRC channel if you're having a hard time.