PDA

View Full Version : Come together, right now

dolny
June 23rd, 2005, 09:46 AM
Well, if someone would like to chat with other Ubuntu users from the other end of the world, post your ICQ/AIM/MSN id here. Just a little chat from time to time, help with some Linux problems, I don't know. It is a nice experience sometimes, and I must constantly improve english. :)

edit: ok... gonna check out the IRC channel :P

Dragonfly_X
June 23rd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Well, if someone would like to chat with other Ubuntu users from the other end of the world, Just a little chat from time to time, help with some Linux problems, I don't know. It is a nice experience sometimes, and I must constantly improve english. :)

That's why we have this forum!!! :?:

Brunellus
June 23rd, 2005, 12:15 PM
Well, if someone would like to chat with other Ubuntu users from the other end of the world, post your ICQ/AIM/MSN id here. Just a little chat from time to time, help with some Linux problems, I don't know. It is a nice experience sometimes, and I must constantly improve english. :)

My AIM id: dr dolny

Student, 21, Poland (sounds like 'adult friend' website questionnaire) ;)
does this mean that all Linux geeks are like the guy in the song?

Here come old flattop he come grooving up slowly
He got joo-joo eyeball he one holy roller
He got hair down to his knee
Got to be a joker he just do what he please

He wear no shoeshine he got toe-jam football
He got monkey finger he shoot coca-cola
He say I know you, you know me
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free
Come together right now over me

No WONDER the average desktop user won't go GNU!

-Rick-
June 23rd, 2005, 01:11 PM

My AIM id: dr dolny

Student, 21, Poland (sounds like 'adult friend' website questionnaire) ;)
Check my profile...just don't bug me too much ;-)

desdinova
June 23rd, 2005, 01:13 PM
This forum is googled so posting your contact details in plain view may result in you getting some odd people come knocking - why not just add the details to your profile?

tread
June 23rd, 2005, 01:15 PM
You can visit #ubuntuforums on freenode .. there is usually someone there.

Lovechild
June 23rd, 2005, 02:35 PM
Why are people so focused on icq/msn/aim when we have Jabber, which is open source and using that doesn't potentially violate the respective licenses of the commercial IM systems. (remember generally people like AOL and Microsoft want $$$ in return for using their service with a 3rd party application)

Brunellus
June 23rd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Why are people so focused on icq/msn/aim when we have Jabber, which is open source and using that doesn't potentially violate the respective licenses of the commercial IM systems. (remember generally people like AOL and Microsoft want $$$ in return for using their service with a 3rd party application)

I haven't been accosted for cash by AOL for using GAIM, yet.

To answer your question: because we have friends who use those protocols. Ideally, everyone would see the light and migrate to Jabber, but that's just not going to happen overnight, or, indeed, at all.

I've been on AIM for a long time now--I've been using the same screenname since 1992--and all my school friends are the same. It's how we keep in touch.

We have to live in the real world, too, comrade.

dolny
June 23rd, 2005, 04:18 PM
Well, I use Jabber but more people have MSN, AIM etc accounts.