PDA

View Full Version : It's "Ubuntu" not "Ubunto" :P

jfinkels
May 8th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Also, it's Microsoft Windows, not Micro$oft Winblows.

karellen
May 8th, 2007, 07:15 AM
totally agree, I hate when people can't or don't want to write some simple words properly

~LoKe
May 8th, 2007, 07:15 AM
My dad called it "Ubantu". I didn't comment nor correct him.

jiminycricket
May 8th, 2007, 07:22 AM
I keep seeing it called "Unbuntu" by Dell employees as well.

It feels like a subliminal message by Dell/MS/Novell now... ;)

sandman55
May 8th, 2007, 07:24 AM
I like to say Micro$oft or M$ to express my dislike for Bill Gates money grabbing ways for example in the old days when he brought out an operating system you got the full operating now you pay for the features you can afford and when you want more features if you can afford them you have to pay again why cant he just put all features on the one version and charge a reasonable price for it Grrrrrr $$$$$$$$$$

PacShady
May 8th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I concur. There are plenty more colourful, indecent and offensive names for Microsoft out there. Add to that various references to the name referring to Bill's poor endowment, as well as other various insults ranging from tongue-in-cheek innuendo to outright verbal destruction, and there's plenty of greater sins than referring to it as Micro$oft. And deserving of it they are too; Microsoft is a stain on this planet, a deceitful and destructive force that deserves far worse than any swapping of 's' for '$'.

'Shady

lepz
May 8th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Also, it's Microsoft Windows, not Micro$oft Winblows.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lepz
May 8th, 2007, 11:22 AM
totally agree, I hate when people can't or don't want to write some simple words properly

I think that should be a capital T at the beginning of a sentence, just thought I would mention it before the grammar police pull you up ;)

Kujen
May 8th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I think that should be a capital T at the beginning of a sentence, just thought I would mention it before the grammar police pull you up ;)

Someone like you?

lepz
May 8th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Someone like you?

My such observation, I'm impressed.