PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Radio Amateurs

gomez999
May 7th, 2007, 05:22 PM
HI Everyone

I am looking for fellow Radio Amateurs that use Ubuntu.

I have a few ideas that I would like to put past a few people and maybe start a project akin to Automatix or maybe even a derivative Ubuntu distro ie. "Hambuntu"

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Rgds Ken

Technoviking
May 7th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I have a Ham License (N9YYO), but my gear died a few years back and have never replaced it.

gomez999
May 7th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Hi Mike

I haven't been very active since the kids were born, but starting to get active again. (G7OAH)

Thought it would be good to start some sort of amateur related project up.

Rgds Ken

BLTicklemonster
May 8th, 2007, 05:45 AM
de kf4smu!

meman63
May 8th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Isn't there already a build for Amateur radio?At least in as far as the connections for logging and steering antennae?

There are two operators that I know that don't use windows.Hmmmmmm.

I'll have to ask them what they use.I'll bet it's a build-your-own!?

Will get back with this info ASAP.I really dig Amateur Radio!Part of what I really got into when a wee fellow!

As always,
Regards,
Red
OK,misunderstood the OP.Sorry for my miscue.

g7kse
February 20th, 2008, 02:33 PM
de g7kse....

icom ic7000 & hustler 6-BTV and not a hope of a QSO with these conditins

pd3rmv
April 4th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Hello Ken,

Mij name is Rob ( pd3rmv )

Im using ubuntu now on my laptop thats connect-it to my transceiver ( yaesu FT-897 ) and its working fine on digimodes.

Hope to see more of ham programs on ubuntu

ve4cib
April 4th, 2011, 03:46 AM
<-- My callsign

I've been toying with the idea of trying to set up some kind of a packet radio setup so that I can have some kind of a telnet server at home that I can access from the lake, but so far I haven't gotten past the "That'd be a cool thing do try" part of the idea. I honestly don't even know what kind of gear and software I'd need.

The vast majority of my HAM experience is using 2m handhelds at various ARES and Scouts-related events and a handful of IRLP nets. Anything beyond that is pretty much outside of my experience so far.

OH2AXE
July 23rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Hi!
My call sign since 1971 has been (and still is) OH2AXE and I'm nowadays mostly active on all HF bands with digital modes and SSTV (some call SSTV a digital mode, but it really is an analogue mode of transmission). Until now I haven't used Linux for ham radio, although I have Ubuntu in my "main" machine. When I finally ;) get a more powerful PC to replace the 166MHz machine in the ham shack, it will be runing Ubuntu - and fldigi for digital modes. There already are some ham radio Linux distros around (Google ham radio linux), but they are not based in Ubuntu. Not a bad idea to do something about it - HI. 73

Docaltmed
July 23rd, 2011, 11:34 PM
qrz de KB1WM

CharlesA
July 23rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
Old thread is ancient.

Closed.