PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse fails to launch and debug code

Nicolinux
June 22nd, 2005, 06:17 PM
Hi,

I have Eclipse 3.0.2 installed. However every time I want to launch a project (C++, Java, doesen't matter). I get an error like this:

Launch failed

Reason:
Failed to set program arguments, environment or working directory

Unable to set working directory: mi_cmd_env_cd: Usage DIRECTORY

Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks.

Stefan

jmpep
January 11th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Hi! I bet that by this time you don't need the answer, but anyway:

Has your project name or maybe the path to the folder which contains it any spaces? I tell you that because that was the reason why I had the same problem that you address.

morton2002
February 25th, 2007, 02:39 AM
That worked for me too, thanks for the tip!
-Robert

dunkirk
May 7th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Hey, Gentoo user here, but thanks for the tip. Found it by Googling, and it fixed my problem as well.

mikej_96
October 4th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Gentoo user here as well. I also had this problem and hit this post. Saved me a big headache. I wouldn't have thought a space in the path would cause the problem.

huysamdua
October 13th, 2008, 07:35 AM
That worked for me...three, thanks so much! :)

Huy

NWcustomcode
February 1st, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hey great advice!! I am running Vista with a full cygwin install and removing spaces in my directory names fixed the problems!!!

Thanks

hoangdang
August 17th, 2010, 04:03 PM

Has your project name or maybe the path to the folder which contains it any spaces? I tell you that because that was the reason why I had the same problem that you address.

This answer has saved my life ! Thank you so much!

moh.elsaka
December 20th, 2011, 08:53 PM

Thanks a lot
it worked for me too :D

epowerpii
January 30th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Hi, looks like this is still a problem 6 and a half years after the original post I'd like to add...

If there are no spaces in your path and you're still getting this problem then it could be because the directory has been symlinked and although the link has no spaces in the path, the target of the link does.

Good luck!

epowerpii
January 30th, 2012, 02:56 AM
For reference, it looks like this is the bug on the Eclipse Bugzilla:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=191332

Apparently somebody has the coding working as of 8th Dec 2011 so hopefully the problem won't be in the next release of Eclipse / Ubuntu.