KDE say Sabayon

what about you?

karellen
May 7th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Ubuntu, obvious
:P

Polygon
May 7th, 2007, 08:28 AM
sabayon was pretty cool, until i posted about my wireless card and a dev promptly replied to stop posting about that bug and to shut up.

ubuntu is really the only one that seems to work with my wireless card

Nakkis
May 7th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I've only used Ubuntu (and the derivatives Kubuntu and Xubuntu) so I'll say Ubuntu. ;)

Kujen
May 7th, 2007, 08:59 AM
I predict 95% of the responses will be Slackware.

...What are you expecting the responses to be on ubuntuforums.org? :P

awakatanka
May 7th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Mepis,

igknighted
May 7th, 2007, 09:25 AM
I like SAM Linux (Xfce), Fedora (Gnome) and Kubuntu (KDE) as the best distro's for their respective DEs. Each offer some very unique traits, SAM has a particularly appealing Xfce Layout, Fedora provides the customizability I need to work well with Gnome, and Kubuntu provides a solid base for KDE and a very appealing layout in 7.04.

WalmartSniperLX
May 7th, 2007, 09:25 AM
This is a hard one lol. For community support, user-friendlyness and HUGE repository support, then UBUNTU for sure. For complete customization and performance, GENTOO. And atm Im running Fedora and Its pretty cool. lol.

But, at this momment I would have to say either Fedora Core 6 or Ubuntu 6.06LTS. Gentoo isn't for the impatient (at least when installing programs and setting up links, compiling kernels, compiling EVERYTHING -.- )

CocoAUS
May 7th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Debian is fantastic. The only problem is at the moment, unstable isn't quite so up to date (lots of work went into putting out the new stable Etch), the unstable nvidia driver is broken, etc. But I do like it more than Ubuntu.

As for more customizable distros, I'd say Arch is pretty awesome. It takes a LOT of time and learning, though. If you need something that just work, Arch probably isn't it.

And I'd probably be using GoboLinux above ALL of these if it had more recipes available. Gobo is doing some true innovation and moving open source operating systems in the right direction, whereas most others are simply reinventing the wheel, so to speak.

And, as a side note, I sort of hate Gentoo. It doesn't really offer any advantages, as you can ALWAYS build ANYTHING you want from source, regardless of your distro. Gentoo simply requires too much work and doesn't yield anything worthwhile.

afljafa
May 7th, 2007, 09:49 AM

Lol

Great distro BTW.

bonzodog
May 7th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Slackware and Zenwalk, probably. I now run Zenwalk as my sole OS, and it's great.

omns
May 7th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Zenwalk :)

siimo
May 7th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Ubuntu FTW! :guitar:

Kujen
May 7th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Lol

Great distro BTW.

I ran it for a few months myself before trying Debian. :) (Which of course led me to Ubuntu)

Onyros
May 7th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Well, other than the obvious answer, BeaFanatIX is one of my favourites, you can check it out here (http://bea.cabarel.com/)

Mini LiveCD (installable, and with a great installer BTW, one of the fastest installs I've ever seen), with the best lightweight GNOME+Metacity ever.

Other than that, I'm currently "playing" a lot with ArchLinux (and really love the way everything works), really like ZenWalk and just ditched Gentoo (for Arch!), though I still respect that distro a whole lot.

ahaslam
May 7th, 2007, 01:30 PM

...What are you expecting the responses to be on ubuntuforums.org? :P

:popcorn:

a12ctic
May 7th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Ubuntu, zenwalk, and debian.

AndyCooll
May 7th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Might be worth asking this in the Other OS Forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=147), there are quite a few threads asking which distros it's worth trying.

My preferences are Ubuntu and Debian. I also have a soft spot for Fedora since it was the distro I used first when I was found Linux.

:cool: