PDA

View Full Version : Burning issues with Vista

karellen
May 6th, 2007, 10:02 PM
it's worse than I thought, as I never tried vista myself...but it's almost ridiculous (and vista buggy in the same time)
http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070422083715451

starcraft.man
May 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM
it's worse than I thought, as I never tried vista myself...but it's almost ridiculous (and vista buggy in the same time)
http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070422083715451

ROFL!!!!!! Its not almost, it IS ridiculous :p Not to mention I think it can be summed up as "stupid STUPID STUPIDDDDD" :D

Honestly, that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen... I mean dumb. Why would anyone want to burn a disc ONLY to work on vista, or ONLY to work on xp and vista or ONLY to work on mac, when he can make one copy and read on them all?

I KNOW! Its a conspiracy, Microsoft is controlled by aliens who want to pollute our world by wasting millions of CDs so that we die off and they can take over the planet without lifting a finger.

BRILLIANT!

:)

karellen
May 6th, 2007, 10:49 PM
the sad thing is that the majority of the people will use vista, will burn cds/dvds the default way and then, when they'd want (IF they would) to read them in linux and fail, they'll start complaining and bashing...you know, same old ******** "linux is not ready for desktop use, linux can't do this or that..."

solar george
May 6th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Here's hoping that some one will sue them.

I wonder what the European courts have to say about this.

Wiebelhaus
May 6th, 2007, 11:14 PM
One of the many many many issues our office was having with ME 11 with the BSOD Service pack.

come on people all these so called "Issues" are just hidden features.

:lolflag:

steven8
May 6th, 2007, 11:44 PM
One of the many many many issues our office was having with ME 11 with the BSOD Service pack.

come on people all these so called "Issues" are just hidden features.

Believe me, they will try to sell that as a feature. The dirty bums!

smoker
May 7th, 2007, 12:04 AM
don't knock it! it is frustrations like this with vista that will drive people to linux, lol :-)

qpieus
May 7th, 2007, 12:32 AM
That's a great story. I don't see any problem with this vista only cd format - since you can't even write the cd, this format is no problem!

siimo
May 7th, 2007, 07:28 AM
My vista business edition chooses the universally readable format by default.

And about the burning failure - im pretty sure must be a hardware (drive or disc) problem and not windows itself.

Seems like a bit of sour grapes from this user moving to linux and bashing windows like a lot of people do. Whatever he says I think Vista/windows explorer has a better and more user friendly cd burning than what is available in Gnome/Nautilus cd burner.

rai4shu2
May 7th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Nero is only thing you need for burning CDs (and the only really usable burner for Windows).

karellen
May 7th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Nero is only thing you need for burning CDs (and the only really usable burner for Windows).

I really wish a k3b version for windows :D

mech7
May 7th, 2007, 08:17 AM
I really wish a k3b version for windows :D

What is wrong with Nero ? Nero lite or Micro are the only thing i use on windows they work great.

karellen
May 7th, 2007, 08:28 AM
What is wrong with Nero ? Nero lite or Micro are the only thing i use on windows they work great.

they are not free (and I get used to use freeware in windows...:D)

PartisanEntity
May 7th, 2007, 10:03 AM
My brother tried out Vista on his new laptop, he liked the eye candy, but despite his pretty good specs the system was slow. He went back to XP. Frankly IMO of all the Windows versions XP was the best.

KIAaze
May 7th, 2007, 10:08 AM
"Windows explorer reageert niet."
It sounds almost like Russian. I love it.