PDA

View Full Version : Confession time: do you double dip?

Mateo
May 6th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Say you're at a party, and you're the only person standing by the chips... you check and no one's looking. Do you double dip your chip? Let's be honest here people.

I'll admit that I double dip from time to time.

edit: I don't really double-dip, I was just testing to see how many people would say they did.

fuscia
May 6th, 2007, 09:27 PM
i don't.

WinterWeaver
May 6th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Hell yeah! Every time >: )

Dayylin
May 6th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Would never double dip my chip. Much easier to just stick your fingers in and go from there :-)

use a name
May 6th, 2007, 09:39 PM
With big chips I would dip two ends, to not mix the dips... So, uhm, does that count?

H.E. Pennypacker
May 6th, 2007, 10:05 PM
With big chips I would dip two ends, to not mix the dips... So, uhm, does that count?

I do the same. If you do it at opposite ends, it's not really double dipping. Besides, taking a huge chunk all at once seems wrong.

karellen
May 6th, 2007, 10:06 PM
:lolflag:
it depends of my mood...;)

troymcdavis
May 6th, 2007, 10:07 PM

+1 to dip-flip-dip your chip. 2x the dipping action.

Break it in half to quadruple your mileage.

Mateo
May 6th, 2007, 10:11 PM
I'm somewhat relieved. I don't really double-dip, I just said that to see if people would be more comfortable to admit that they do. Luckily most people here are non-double dippers. I thought I might never be able to eat chips at a party again.

gnomeuser
May 6th, 2007, 10:20 PM
I'm trying to stop eating chips.. it's not good for me.. but they should have made chips and dip that tasty.. it's pure evil. (that's a yes)

tcpip4lyfe
May 7th, 2007, 06:40 AM
I never really realized that double dipping was a bad thing until Seinfeld.

forrestcupp
May 7th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I break my chip in half so I don't have to double dip. DDing is one of my dad's major pet peeves. I went to dinner at a pizza place with him once, and he announced to everyone with us that double dipping the breadsticks is against the rules.

TravisNewman
May 7th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I double dip if I'm eating them with my wife. I mean, if you kiss you might as well double dip. Otherwise I dip-bite-flip-dip to keep from getting my cooties in the dip.

K.Mandla
May 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I don't allow the peanut butter knife to be used in the jelly, or the jelly spoon to be used in the peanut butter jar. But double dipping is OK.

Edit: I was just testing you. Double dipping is evil.

Edit: I was just testing you. Double dipping is OK.

:twisted:

DoctorMO
May 7th, 2007, 07:05 PM
See I normally like to put baked beans or gravy on my chips, with a pie or perhaps a battered fish. I supposed you could dip them but only if you go to McDonnalds where they have those supper thin salty 'chips'

I know there are loads of people around the world that dip various bread products into various sauces and some of them can be nice, I like to have my own dip anyway but to be honest I've never thought double, triple or sticking your fingers in was such a problem. do we have a death total?

I don't allow the peanut butter knife to be used in the jelly, or the jelly spoon to be used in the peanut butter jar

Translation-English: he doesn't mean jelly he means jam or fruit flavoured fructose goo, sort of like marmalade without the bits.

Mateo
May 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I don't allow the peanut butter knife to be used in the jelly, or the jelly spoon to be used in the peanut butter jar. But double dipping is OK.

Edit: I was just testing you. Double dipping is evil.

Edit: I was just testing you. Double dipping is OK.

:twisted:

using the same knife in 2 jars should be a capital offense. at least with double dipping you are only getting your saliva in the dip. You can't see saliva. But I can see peanut butter in my jelly and I would immediately throw out the jar if that happened in my house.

Sunflower1970
May 7th, 2007, 07:33 PM
When I'm at a party, I take a huge glob of dip and plop it on my plate, then I double, triple, quadruple dip if necessary. No germs anywhere except on my plate :)

When at home with hubby, we double dip out of the same bowl since it's just us.

Sunflower1970
May 7th, 2007, 07:36 PM
using the same knife in 2 jars should be a capital offense. at least with double dipping you are only getting your saliva in the dip. You can't see saliva. But I can see peanut butter in my jelly and I would immediately throw out the jar if that happened in my house.

Or, using the same knife with butter and peanut butter. I hate to see PB in my butter....Butter's used with so many other foods, that I don't need or want to see the residue of peanut butter on my butter, one doesn't know what it'll then be used on. (yech)

gashcr
May 7th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I would do it even if everybody were staring at me... Who cares, I'm the one who's enjoying the delicious dip!!

TravisNewman
May 7th, 2007, 07:56 PM
See I normally like to put baked beans or gravy on my chips, with a pie or perhaps a battered fish. I supposed you could dip them but only if you go to McDonnalds where they have those supper thin salty 'chips'

I know there are loads of people around the world that dip various bread products into various sauces and some of them can be nice, I like to have my own dip anyway but to be honest I've never thought double, triple or sticking your fingers in was such a problem. do we have a death total?

Translation-English: he doesn't mean jelly he means jam or fruit flavoured fructose goo, sort of like marmalade without the bits.
I think you're talking about what us yanks call "French Fries" instead of potato chips :) Usually with fries there isn't only one place to dip so it doesn't matter... you have your own ketchup, or whatever.

And jelly and jam are very different :)

goumples
May 7th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I always double dip.

DoctorMO
May 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
I think you're talking about what us yanks call "French Fries" instead of potato chips Usually with fries there isn't only one place to dip so it doesn't matter... you have your own ketchup, or whatever.

Yes, and even though most of the world's official English is en-GB not en-US people still assume everyone on these forums is American. what a slap in the face.

And jelly and jam are very different.

Yes we know one is a desert served with cream, ice cream or custard. where as I think they serve fructose congeal over there in place of jam.

Spr0k3t
May 7th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I have always been a double dipper... but I break the chip to a bite size piece prior to dipping my chip, so I guess that negates my double dipping style.

justin whitaker
May 7th, 2007, 09:42 PM
That's it, all you double dippers are taken off the guest list. :)

forrestcupp
May 7th, 2007, 09:44 PM
More importantly, after using the restroom do you wash your hands before digging into the bowl of chips?

Sunflower1970
May 7th, 2007, 09:52 PM
More importantly, after using the restroom do you wash your hands before digging into the bowl of chips?

Ew. I hope so. I don't wanna think about not washing hands before digging in...:-&

K.Mandla
May 7th, 2007, 09:59 PM
(Thanks. I forget sometimes to translate back again. :D )