PDA

View Full Version : New micro$oft strategy in Brazil

sapo
June 22nd, 2005, 11:53 AM
Man.. i dont know if i should be happy or sad about it.. but i think that microsoft is digging its own grave.. btw...

You may already know that Brazil, and 3rd world countries as you call it :roll: have a high percentage of software piracy.. everybody knows it.. and M$ does too..

Let me tell you the whole history... since Brazil changed its governament to a opositive government (more democratic).. micro$oft is very unhappy with it.. i ll explain why.

The old governament didnt have a "clear" software policy, but the new one have a very clear software policy: The free software way, so the new government is helping with money all people and companies that use and develop free software, and the new project "Connected PC" that ships with linux by default is driving micro$oft mad :grin:

I think i ve already said too much about it.. so lets go to the point now:

The New Micro$oft project:

I think that everyone here knows what a "pre-paid" cell phone means, so.. micro$oft is selling pcs here with "pre-paid" software.. it works exactly like cell phones.. you buy credits.. then you type the number and unblock your pc, when the credits expire.. the pc is blocked and you need to buy more credits...

man.. i think that it is a goddamn stupid idea... the first thing that people will do here is:

"Hi, is it from the technical support? Can you install windows XP in my new pc (of course it is gonna be a "generic" windows XP)"

But i m very happy with these stupid micro$soft afforts to block the Brazillian software policy.. and linux is already a reality here in a lot of companies :grin:

I hope that when a customer call to a store to install windows XP, they say "its $400,00, but i have linux for free".

Theres plenty more stuff happening here because of the new government.. 2 months ago Bill Gates asked for a meeting with our president Lula, Lula said "I dont have time, nor this meeting is important to Brazil."

:grin:

Almost forgot:
Source history: http://www.terra.com.br/istoedinheiro/406/ecommerce/pc_prepago.htm

asimon
June 22nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
.. you buy credits.. then you type the number and unblock your pc, when the credits expire.. the pc is blocked and you need to buy more credits...

That is a vision of many software vendors. They wan't a steady income from you if you wan't to use their software. And of course they do lock you in their propritary formats, so that you need to pay them to access your own documents.

WildTangent
June 22nd, 2005, 12:17 PM
that is evil in its purist form

-Wild

Adrenal
June 22nd, 2005, 12:46 PM
Its Microsoft, as in 'soft', with an S.
believe it or not, micro$oft is not as witty as you think.
You do have a good point, I can see oss becoming much more mainstream in the next ten years

sapo
June 22nd, 2005, 12:49 PM
Its Microsoft, as in 'soft', with an S.
believe it or not, micro$oft is not as witty as you think.
You do have a good point, I can see oss becoming much more mainstream in the next ten years

Sorry i didnt know that microsoft had an S, i really taught it was written with $ :roll:

N'Jal
June 22nd, 2005, 01:30 PM
Sorry for my language but thats just ****. Who would actually want a pay as you go PC? PAYG is ALWAYS more expensive.

sapo
June 22nd, 2005, 01:34 PM
Sorry for my language but thats just ****. Who would actually want a pay as you go PC? PAYG is ALWAYS more expensive.

thats what i think too.. but what does microsoft have in mind with it? they think that brazillians are as stupid as monkeys or maybe they think that we are monkeys ourselves :roll:

primeirocrime
June 22nd, 2005, 01:44 PM
uau! that maybe the stupidest thing OS wise I ever read.

who in the world would buy into that?

Although I'm happy with Lulas refuse to meet mister Gates. Man if Brazil keeps this up it will be a huge blow into their ego not to mention their pockets.

allforcarrie
June 22nd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Sorry i didnt know that microsoft had an S, i really taught it was written with $ :roll:

http://www.nightly.net/rock/misc/dooku_owned.jpg