PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu for Pocket PC

Dragonfly_X
June 21st, 2005, 03:56 PM
I know there is linux for pocket PC's (witch i don't fully trust yet), but it would be cool if there was ubuntu that i could use on my Pocket PC :grin:

Zelut
June 21st, 2005, 04:04 PM
might want to give this a look... linuxdevcenter artice on pocket pc linux support.

http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2003/11/13/linux_pocket_pc.html

Confusious say: internet is my god & google is my prophet (translation: do a little google searching up front.)

Dragonfly_X
June 21st, 2005, 04:25 PM
This is all very good, but will it work on my toshiba E740 and will it out perform the windows pocket pc 2002 that it currenly has on and will it be stable?

poofyhairguy
June 21st, 2005, 06:58 PM
This is all very good, but will it work on my toshiba E740 and will it out perform the windows pocket pc 2002 that it currenly has on and will it be stable?

No...not really. I have a weaker version of those....WinCE is well...made for that so to speak...like OSX on Apple boxen.

gil-galad
June 21st, 2005, 10:47 PM
Dragonfly, check out this site http://www.mnementh.co.uk/eseries/

This guy has been working on linux for the e740 for a long time now.

benplaut
June 22nd, 2005, 02:36 AM
what's the point of Ubuntu for PDA? it would have very little development effort compared to Familiar (which is very good, IMO), and would end up being about the same as Familiar, with the ubuntu name and theme in front...

sell the e740 and get thyself a nice Zaurus :grin:

gil-galad
June 22nd, 2005, 02:44 AM
sell the e740 and get thyself a nice Zaurus :grin:

Or an ipaq. The familiar distro looks great.

Personally I run a NEC mobile pro running netbsd. :D

benplaut
June 22nd, 2005, 02:56 AM
Or an ipaq. The familiar distro looks great.

Personally I run a NEC mobile pro running netbsd. :D

as soon as i get my SD card back from my sister, i'm going to put OpenBSD on it... they have an official port for the Zaurus :)

somuchfortheafter
June 22nd, 2005, 12:03 PM
i think i would use open zaurus but idk, i thought about getting a pda but since i dont need it right now and im trying to save up for a car at the moment I doubt i shall get to try one out for a while.. meh

Dragonfly_X
June 22nd, 2005, 03:00 PM
I'll just get an iPAQ, but only at the end of the year or something... I like the Toshiba it kicks ass :smile: