PDA

View Full Version : I'm just going to put this out there

deadguy87
May 4th, 2007, 08:50 AM
I know the J names are a ways a way, but if they go with a jackalope I will tattoo the name and the Ubuntu symbol on my body. Two reasons, Ubuntu is the best thing to happen to computers since the invention of the mouse and the jackalope is native to the mid western united states, aka Deadguy's home.

eltorodeoro
May 9th, 2007, 08:26 PM
+1 for jaundiced jackalope!

not sure about the tattoo, but i may consider it...

jkblacker
May 9th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Nah, they're going to go with Josh just to honour me...

dangerousnerd
May 9th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Totally! Jumping Jackalope. Some one start a petition!

Hexagrapher666
September 9th, 2008, 05:35 AM
...if they go with a jackalope I will tattoo the name and the Ubuntu symbol on my body

You might change your mind if you saw pictures of real "jackalopes", which are actually deformed rabbits infected with Shope papillomavirus (http://ww2.lafayette.edu/~hollidac/jacksforreal.html).

InfinityCircuit
September 9th, 2008, 05:56 AM
I know the J names are a ways a way, but if they go with a jackalope I will tattoo the name and the Ubuntu symbol on my body. Two reasons, Ubuntu is the best thing to happen to computers since the invention of the mouse and the jackalope is native to the mid western united states, aka Deadguy's home.

You are prescient...Jaunty Jackalope it is.

Ptero-4
September 9th, 2008, 06:22 AM
It's intrepid ibex now, well maybe for 9.04

grossaffe
September 9th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Juxtaposed Jackalope!

smuki
September 9th, 2008, 06:28 AM
You might change your mind if you saw pictures of real "jackalopes", which are actually deformed rabbits infected with Shope papillomavirus (http://ww2.lafayette.edu/~hollidac/jacksforreal.html).

That is really damn creepy and crap mate. Is that for real and who would really put that on their body? No offense, but thats damn creepy.

FuturePilot
September 9th, 2008, 06:34 AM

You should win a prize. :lol:

Hexagrapher666
September 10th, 2008, 03:14 AM

That is really damn creepy and crap mate. Is that for real and who would really put that on their body? No offense, but thats damn creepy.

Yes, the Shope papillomavirus is real, as are the deforming tumors that it creates on rabbits. Those "antler-like" tumors sometimes grow to the point where the rabbits can no longer eat, so they starve to death. The silly jackalope of folklore is a "fairy tale" version of rabbits deformed by a papillomavirus. The original poster of course intends to tattoo the whimsical, folklorish version of the jackalope, as opposed to an actual infected "jackalope".

mike1234
September 10th, 2008, 03:29 AM

It's cancer. Creepy indeed. Poor bunnies.

M.

amazingtaters
September 10th, 2008, 06:09 AM
It's cancer. Creepy indeed. Poor bunnies.

M.

Not cancer but a viral infection. What's even worse is that there is a similar condition suffered by some humans. Just terrible.