PDA

View Full Version : NU Team meeting?

o0splitpaw0o
May 4th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Reposting this from the ubuntu-us-oh@lists.ubuntu.com mailing list, because i got 1 response.

============================================
Hello world,

Anyone a part of the NU Team like to get together and work out getting
information to develop our side of the Ohio team, like to schedule a
time to work out some plans on our responsibilities. I've been quite
busy, and DM| and others have been assisting on things, but we been
kinda skirmish, mostly my fault. I been working straight for weeks
without any downtime at my store, but like to get things tight, get
ideas, get information that is helpful for all of us.

What's some good times for all of you. My days I work M-F 11AM to 8PM
and Fri-SAT 11AM-9PM (sometimes till 10PM if busy) so I only have
Sundays off. What's a good time for you all?

TheIdiotThatIsMe
May 4th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Howdy. For this weekend I'm off Saturday and Sunday, but past this weekend I'm off Sunday's and Wednesdays.

A vote for Sundays! Or a Sunday. Or whatever. :popcorn:

o0splitpaw0o
May 6th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Anyone else? Anyone?

saber11
May 9th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I would Sundays are good for me

o0splitpaw0o
May 11th, 2007, 02:08 AM
OK, 3 down.

Anthony S. Hall - Sunday
Brady Merriweather - Sunday
DM
Dan Buch
Greg Cole
J.R. Andrusk
Jacob Peddicord
Joe Gedeon
John LaBounty
Paul Williams
Ryan Wetterich
Scott Vargovich
Spencer W
charon79m
kennpetty
zerhacke

BTW- I realized it's Thursday!! YIKES! This weeks is just as wack!

jpeddicord
May 13th, 2007, 02:26 AM
Sunday should be good in general, but I don't know about this weekend. I'll be on the road tomorrow evening. Mothers day ftw? :lolflag:

o0splitpaw0o
May 15th, 2007, 11:02 PM
OK, the 20th? +1 or +I'm Down :)

jpeddicord
May 16th, 2007, 08:27 PM
+1

o0splitpaw0o
May 20th, 2007, 05:05 AM
+1

How's 6pm Tomorrow sound?

TheIdiotThatIsMe
May 20th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Howdy! Are we having the meeting tonight? Wasn't sure of any final word.

jpeddicord
May 20th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Howdy! Are we having the meeting tonight? Wasn't sure of any final word.I believe so.

How's 6pm [tonight] sound?Works for me. ;)

(Hey, UF changed the smilies list!)

o0splitpaw0o
May 20th, 2007, 11:48 PM
<Brady_M> ====================NU Team Meeting May 20th 18:00 EST=====================
Jacob
<-- n_hendrick (n=nathan@adsl-70-228-99-192.dsl.akrnoh.ameritech.net) has left #ubuntu-ohio
everythingevil has quit ("Ex-Chat")
--> jimbo2150 (n=jim@75.24.1.133) has joined #ubuntu-ohio
<Brady_M> https://launchpad.net/%7Eoh-new
So Anyone else in the Nu team here?
--> everythingevil (n=ubuntu@adsl-67-39-197-173.dsl.bcvloh.ameritech.net) has joined #ubuntu-ohio
<Brady_M> Has anyone else in the NU Team checked out the Begginer team's page?
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=385084
<everythingevil> just read it
<Brady_M> The Ohio new user teams goals essentially are those who want to help new users to Ubuntu with in the state. The team is fist line of volunteer support. The Beginners's Team is a global effort to design documentation that would lead based on a users experience with Linux & give them the best verified help documentation from multiple resources.
<everythingevil> yea, i got that, sorry new to these team things
<-- artstew (n=EMILY@64.241.37.140) has left #ubuntu-ohio
<Brady_M> The plans in the works were also to offer from http://ohio.ubuntu-us.org/ the help support request form a troubleshooting ticket's which one of us would address the problem and try to resolve. . Also working with our own documentation which is available at t https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OhioTeam/NewUserTeam
Thing is, for a few months now, it's been very unorganized. Lots of questions I am sure out there. Such as: How can I help? : What needs to be addressed: or : You know what would be a great Idea... but who to I tell? Stuff like that.
There been people in and out trying to help, or were willing to help, but not really sure how. So I wanted to tonight get ideas from everyone in the nu team problems they see, what questions they had etc. Also get some help. Lately, due to business reasons, I've been working really hard. Waay to hard and have not had much time. As s I type now. I'm running on 3 hours of sleep and here because I been wanting to get all this
addressed.
And get some help on this.
* Brady_M *hear's the elevator music*
<Brady_M> What do you see the New User Teams Goals as? Anyone..
================================================== =====

I waited over an hour. Jacob has been the most (and only) one active and those who are, maybe didn't get the memo.. *I don't know*

I think it's an unknown team with unknown goals. The concept is great, but many in th team need guidance. What we are about? What it's all about? How would it work out? Ideas in action, but not sure where the road is going. I'm going to post on the NU wiki soon a link to a video eventually on Google Video explaining what "I think" it is, but those who been sitting on the lines waiting, I know you have been waiting for action. I want to nip this in the butt as much as you. Let's work things out together and get together some how on this.

jpeddicord
May 21st, 2007, 12:25 AM
Sorry for not being able to make it. My connection was offline until about 6:30.
From then on, I was sitting in the channel talking, but my stupid connection wasn't sending them. :(

<Jacob> hi, sorry i'm late
<Brady_M_> Hey Jacob.
<Jacob> the connection just came back on
<Jacob> been off n on all day.. so I may drop out again
<Brady_M_> Jacob: It's bleek
<Jacob> :-p
<Brady_M_> Jacob: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2690997&posted=1#post2690997 (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2690997&posted=1#post2690997)
<Jacob> +1 to that
<Jacob> although, there wasn't much of a notification for this, maybe in the future a mailing list posting a few hours before would be a good reminder
* Jacob is watching the IRC ping time rise past 30s
* Brady_M_ sighs
<Jacob> probably might be a good idea to reschedule this one for the same time next week. is there a set schedule for these (eg weekly)?
<Jacob> if there is, I can add it to the automated mailing list reminder script
<seekker> Brady_M_: sorry I haven't been around much lately, don't get discouraged
<Jacob> theidiotthatisme was here a few hours ago too... I thought he was coming but i'm not sure where he is
<seekker> I think many of us have other time constraints as of late
<Brady_M_> Oh, you know. I'm in the same boat too.
<seekker> I have at least another month of not being around much; hopefully, things will slow down after than
<seekker> I know you are
<seekker> I literally haven't got the time to even keep up in the mail lists
<Jacob> hold on, any any of you all seeing any of this?
<seekker> which is something I had been striving to do
<Jacob> i'm not showing up in the logs...
<seekker> :(
<Brady_M_> seekker: It hangs in the back of your mind and you think "man what's going down latley?"
* seekker can relate
<Jacob> whee.... i'm not heard

TheIdiotThatIsMe
May 21st, 2007, 03:11 AM
Sorry I didn't make it :-( I wasn't sure if it was going to be tonight, and I got called a little after my earlier post saying I had become an Uncle, so I wasn't near a computer all day.

I know it's tough getting everyone motivated. It's been tough, and I'm working on restarting the Edu team also (which is why I sent out an email today, and also set up a new time for meeting on the 3rd).

I want to fully support as much as I can, and I'm so sorry I couldn't make the meeting. Maybe we should start a new thread or mailing list discussion discussing NUT? (New User Team ;) )

o0splitpaw0o
June 5th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Alrighty, team meeting will be once every two weeks peeps. Here's the one from last Sunday. Thanks to Jacob for setting this up!

Wikiwikiwiki!!!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OhioTeam/NewUserTeam/Meetings