PDA

View Full Version : What should I do with this wheelchair?

SZF2001
May 4th, 2007, 05:23 AM
OK, get this - last night, after finally getting done with my shift (around 10:30), I head over to the store in the building to get some chocolate milk.

And there was a wheelchair. Mind you, I glanced from time to time on my shift and noticed it just sat there, all day.

The guy behind the counter and his cop friend were talking and ringing up my stuff, and I had to ask... "What's with the wheelchair?"

The guy behind the counter just looked at it and told me, "Ya... You can have it."

Now I've got this somewhat 'stolen' wheelchair in my room (even though there was a cop, on duty, watching, even approving of my taking it)... What the hell do I do with it?

One suggestion I got was to wheel around in it at a theme park. Front of the line, baby!

FoolsGold
May 4th, 2007, 05:28 AM
I dunno, make it run Linux?

SZF2001
May 4th, 2007, 05:30 AM
How?

Lucifiel
May 4th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Donate it to someone who needs it more than you do?

ronocdh
May 4th, 2007, 05:34 AM
How?

afljafa
May 4th, 2007, 05:34 AM
When I was quite a bit younger I remember going to a party opposite my school. This was a pretty rough affair that ended up being a group of people sitting in a circle playing drinking games. I didn`t know any of the people there except me best mate.

Anyway there`s this guy sitting in a wheelchair all night not moving just slowly getting drunk like the rest of us.
As the night wore on he decided that he needed to go to the loo so he just stood up and staggered out. My jaw hit the floor and there was a group of party goers ******* themselves laughing at my expense, I had just assumed that the guy was a paraplegic when in fact the wheelchair was just a spare chair.

Use it as a chair and freak people out.

FoolsGold
May 4th, 2007, 06:06 AM
How?
Surely you can recognize a joke post when you see one?

Jeez, all the serious folk here. :)

PatrickMay16
May 4th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Attach rocket boosters!!!11

SZF2001
May 4th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Surely you can recognize a joke post when you see one?

Jeez, all the serious folk here. :)

Seems like someone didn't get the real joke here, good sir.

karellen
May 4th, 2007, 06:35 AM
When I was quite a bit younger I remember going to a party opposite my school. This was a pretty rough affair that ended up being a group of people sitting in a circle playing drinking games. I didn`t know any of the people there except me best mate.

Anyway there`s this guy sitting in a wheelchair all night not moving just slowly getting drunk like the rest of us.
As the night wore on he decided that he needed to go to the loo so he just stood up and staggered out. My jaw hit the floor and there was a group of party goers ******* themselves laughing at my expense, I had just assumed that the guy was a paraplegic when in fact the wheelchair was just a spare chair.

Use it as a chair and freak people out.

:lolflag:

jariku
May 4th, 2007, 12:31 PM
+1

Rob Alderson
May 4th, 2007, 12:35 PM
The British Red Cross are always on the lookout for second hand wheelchairs, donate it & feel good ;)

jkblacker
May 4th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Attach rocket boosters!!!11

I'm a n00b but does this sound about right?

sudo apt-get install rocketboosters

PartisanEntity
May 4th, 2007, 01:56 PM
The British Red Cross are always on the lookout for second hand wheelchairs, donate it & feel good ;)

+1

azkehmm
May 4th, 2007, 02:02 PM
talk to your local metalworker and have him help you attach a couple of CO2 extinguisher to it, and use as a funny way to get to work?

Or, you could donate it to Red Cross or similar :)

Mihkal
May 4th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Go to a retirement home and find people to race.

Then you could just leave it there when you're done

prizrak
May 4th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Strap rockets to it and go for a ride ;)

gnomeuser
May 4th, 2007, 02:40 PM

+1, there's plenty of demand and not enough supply

lepz
May 4th, 2007, 02:59 PM
What the hell do I do with it?
!

Paint it Black and White with a big Tux on the back, attach a jet engine and enter it in the Indie500 I'm sure you would get lots of sponsors ;) Here's one someone made earlier :lolflag: link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lincolnshire/3611660.stm)

Hallvor
May 4th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Bind a lot of weather ballons to it and fly somewhere. When you land, you can roll back home without leaving the seat. I guarantee you`ll get on national tv.

But seriously, as a lot of others have said; donate it.

ThinkBuntu
May 4th, 2007, 03:33 PM
You could go racing...take it to your office and replace your normal chair...push your friends around in it as a favor...tie it to the back of your car and drive (people will think someone was in it as a stunt and fell out)...actually put someone in it as a stunt and drive...the possibilities are endless!

Or, give sell it to someone who needs it.

Rutabega
May 4th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Do Do Do Donation!

Kernel Sanders
May 4th, 2007, 03:54 PM
OK, get this - last night, after finally getting done with my shift (around 10:30), I head over to the store in the building to get some chocolate milk.

And there was a wheelchair. Mind you, I glanced from time to time on my shift and noticed it just sat there, all day.

The guy behind the counter and his cop friend were talking and ringing up my stuff, and I had to ask... "What's with the wheelchair?"

The guy behind the counter just looked at it and told me, "Ya... You can have it."

Now I've got this somewhat 'stolen' wheelchair in my room (even though there was a cop, on duty, watching, even approving of my taking it)... What the hell do I do with it?

One suggestion I got was to wheel around in it at a theme park. Front of the line, baby!

Go down a MASSIVE hill :lolflag:

Chilli Bob
May 4th, 2007, 04:24 PM
There's only one sensible thing to do with it. Use it for the base of a home made Dalek.

http://www.projectdalek.co.uk/

ArtificialSynapse
May 4th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Can we see pictures of the chair?

You could attach electric motors on the chair, and then build in an LCD screen. . . .

Or just crash people into stuff on it :)

KIAaze
May 4th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Draw a tux (or a Gnu, or the ubuntu logo or anything related to Linux) on it and send it to this address:

Steve Ballmer
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-6399
USA

forrestcupp
May 4th, 2007, 05:25 PM
+1 for donating unless you do video work.

Because of their large wheels, wheelchairs make great video camera dollies for shooting moving scenes. The large wheels help cut down the excess bumps that really mess up a video shot.

HeavyAl
May 4th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Do it up Stephen Hawking style!

Car battery under the seat, maybe a solar panel to help keep the charge nominal. Attach a few servos to the wheels for auto-mobility, little platform on one side for your laptop, joystick on the other .. could be a blast!

insane_alien
May 4th, 2007, 06:53 PM
make it computerised attach a few chainsaws and enter it in robotwars. or give it to a psychotic parapeligic. same thing really.