PDA

View Full Version : A Word of Appreciation

charles
November 14th, 2004, 05:40 AM
We run a usual small network at home, couple of desktops, a laptop or two plus the usual appendages. We had always used a well known American OS and that seemed to be the beginning and end of it!! We re-discovered Linux in a magazine - were instantly infected with the enthusiasm and a couple of dozen distro trials later, stumbled on Ubuntu. Life has never been the same since. It's not only solid but DOES what it claims, - gets down and dirty and DOES THE WORK!!
We just wanted to congratulate those who produced this excellence, assure them how much we appreciate and use what they have produced, and thank them for their efforts on all our our behalf

Well done and thank you

Charles

TravisNewman
November 14th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Glad you like it! It seems to be gaining popularity like crazy... distrowatch lists it as the 4th most popular OS (per page hit) over the last month, last time I checked.

I'm speaking as if I had anything to do with the development of it, but no, not really. I'm just an enthusiast who participates on this forum more than I have time for! Spread the word of Ubuntu to anyone you think might be interested!

KiwiNZ
November 14th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Yes Ubuntu has climbed the ladder at Distro watch at a very rate .Its already way ahead of a lot of very established distros.

mattyh
November 14th, 2004, 04:20 PM
it deserves to be up there. I have used most all of those top 10 distros, and the Warty Warthog has been my best experience by far.

HiddenWolf
November 14th, 2004, 06:55 PM
it deserves to be up there. I have used most all of those top 10 distros, and the Warty Warthog has been my best experience by far.

I very much second that.