PDA

View Full Version : WWW overload!

darweth
May 3rd, 2007, 10:46 PM
The internet is a scary scary world these days. I miss the simpler times of old before the blogosphere exploded and "web 2.0" was in full effect. Surfing the net is so difficult these days. I have RSS feeds flying at me from every corner. Then I finally read something and am bombarded with hyperlinks to other blogs and other sites. All kinds of videos and mashups. Then there are 4,000 comments to browse through and digest. There are buttons to digg here and reddit there and newvibe on the left. I get motion sickness just browsing the web these days. Everything is so overwhelming and dense. And the sad part is 99% of it is superficial and useless, but you still feel that urge or need to waste your life perusing it anyhow. ARGH!!! Does anyone else ever feel this way? I know I can just stop or fight back this urge to attempt to digest everything but sometimes I feel like I should just blow up my PC and get back to a real life. I seriously wonder how anything ever gets done anymore. I mean... high-tech professionals are blogging all day, scoping all this out, etc. WTF?

diskotek
May 3rd, 2007, 11:14 PM
yes, it would be totally cliche but internet is really "information highway". it can be like reading a encylopedia which is so useless thing to do. the important part is choosing which information to get (in my opinion). so after a while i started to sort out things that i would like to follow.. yeah that's the harddest part of it.

so i have interests and i'm trying to following best choices. but sometimes when i have time: i crawl around the web, links, links..but this is just for spending time...

bastiegast
May 4th, 2007, 09:53 AM
The internet has been this way for as long as I can remember and IMO the things you name (web 2.0 and such) have made the massive information stream manageable. I feel totally comfortable on the web the way it is now.