PDA

View Full Version : Dell on linuxsucks.org

Hendrixski
May 3rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
Just thought I'd share this with you. You can find it on www.linuxsucks.org with the heading "delltards and lintards come together for a big ol' tardfest"

So Dell is giving us linux. This is a fantastic outcome. Linux on the desktop continues to be called the "Next Big Thing" and this needs to be exposed as the load of **** that it is. The main problem is that so few people use Linux, which means that most people just dont realise how truly woeful it is. So, from a windows perspective the best thing that can happen is that more non tech savvy users get their hands on linux machines. And Dell should be able to achieve this is some numbers.

Unfortunately this announcement didn't come at Christmas. Having a few hundred thousand little johnnys wake up on the 25th, open their new computer, switch it on, and then go "What the **** is THIS!" would have been priceless. The ******* printer doesnt work...The ******* camera doesnt work...the ******* games grandma bought me dont work.......so mum decides to run her small business on it...now the ******* accounting package doesnt work...and dads off to call tech support cause either the ******* wireless access point is ****** or linux wont get on the ******* wireless network (hint: all the windows machines are still up). Now dads off to buy a full price copy of Windows Vista muttering something about "linus torvalds can go **** himself".

However, we could all be in for a big surprise around Christmas anyway - it is unlikely, but however possible, that Dell will still be installing Linux at Christmas. There are no doubt some tards in Dell who will do their best to make this happen.

Way to go Dell. Nothing could be better for Microsoft than to get more linux desktops out there. The more people that experience it = more people that will never use it again.

This proves 3 things:
1) linuxsucks.org is written by angry 16 year olds, or by dirty old men with the vocabulary of 16 year olds

2)Dells Linux initiative does have its critics. Fortunately angry 16 year old Microsoft zealots are even less amicable than angry 16 year old open source zealots (you know, the juvenile people who write "M$" or "*******" or whatever)
Less amicable = less of an audience

3) angry 16 year olds don't understand economics: if a demand for linux-friendly attachments (like printers) exists, companies that meet the demand will make money by meeting said demand. By Christmas the above scenario won't happen. If companies like Peugot Citroen are switching to Linux (they're switching 200,000 desktops and 2,500 servers) then that demand is definitely there and will be met, fast.

So yeah. I hope you find this as amusing as I did.

racoq
May 3rd, 2007, 03:09 PM
Where did you have your head when you posted this. Are you trying to start a flame war, for what? You already know what the answer in this forum will be. All that comes from down (Radical users of another OS) doesn't affect Linux comunity, or in particular, the Ubuntu one. That doesn't deserve our comments, because the intend of this thread by the author, is to get as much attention he can, by flaming the Linux community.

Just thought I'd share this with you. You can find it on www.linuxsucks.org with the heading "delltards and lintards come together for a big ol' tardfest"

This proves 3 things:
1) linuxsucks.org is written by angry 16 year olds, or by dirty old men with the vocabulary of 16 year olds

2)Dells Linux initiative does have its critics. Fortunately angry 16 year old Microsoft zealots are even less amicable than angry 16 year old open source zealots (you know, the juvenile people who write "M$" or "*******" or whatever)
Less amicable = less of an audience

3) angry 16 year olds don't understand economics: if a demand for linux-friendly attachments (like printers) exists, companies that meet the demand will make money by meeting said demand. By Christmas the above scenario won't happen. If companies like Peugot Citroen are switching to Linux (they're switching 200,000 desktops and 2,500 servers) then that demand is definitely there and will be met, fast.

So yeah. I hope you find this as amusing as I did.

DoctorMO
May 3rd, 2007, 03:12 PM
tardfest

Is that the festival of the tardigrades? I always wondered if that was fancy dress, come dressed as your favourite species and ride the 20 million degree K super slide. On the other hand it couldn't be as a good as lepadop-fest 2006, too much nectar in one meal.

Tomosaur
May 3rd, 2007, 03:12 PM
linuxsucks.org also targets Microsoft, it's just a joke site really (at least as far as I'm aware). I think it's there mainly to poke fun at the fanatics from both sides, although it does tend towards linux bashing. There are still a few anti-Windows posts/users there. Either way, it's pretty funny sometimes.

Hendrixski
May 3rd, 2007, 03:15 PM
Where did you have your head when you posted this. Are you trying to start a flame war, for what? You already know what the answer in this forum will be. All that comes from down (Radical users of another OS) doesn't affect Linux comunity, or in particular, the Ubuntu one. That doesn't deserve our comments, because the intend of this thread by the author, is to get as much attention he can, by flaming the Linux community.

My head was bobbing up and down from laughing, that's where it was.:lolflag:

and yes, I already know what everybodies answer is, the answer is "aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaahahahahah!!" hence I shared it.

Enjoy :popcorn:

ghandi69_
May 3rd, 2007, 03:17 PM
While this article was mostly written in the gutter, they do however make some point(s)

1.) If Dell does not throughly explain to customers what linux is, I can definitely see some "kids" getting pretty upset that his games/software doesn't work. It is critical users know this before purchasing. I however, feel most of the users who will actually be purchasing Linux laptops/desktops from Dell will already know this.

2.) The only other point they make mainly relates to hardware issues. Which, overall, is a pretty valid complaint with Linux right now, as a rather large portion of us experience hardware problems. HOWEVER, that is what makes this Dell announcement so exciting, is that we have the prospect of getting much improved hardware detection and functionality from our Linux machines.

JerseyShoreComputer
May 3rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
I don't think that that web site is run by 16 year olds... 13 year olds is more like it. Not only is the language offensive, but they obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

Now, here is what I found to be the best part of this while thing-- on the left side of the screen there is a poll for "What is the best OS of all time?" As of this moment, who is the winner at 41% with 292 votes? LINUX!! Take that 13 year old bloggers!

:lolflag:

Hendrixski
May 3rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
I don't think that that web site is run by 16 year olds... 13 year olds is more like it. Not only is the language offensive, but they obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

Now, here is what I found to be the best part of this while thing-- on the left side of the screen there is a poll for "What is the best OS of all time?" As of this moment, who is the winner at 41% with 292 votes? LINUX!! Take that 13 year old bloggers!

:lolflag:

I know. Isn't that hillarious! :)
I was considering getting an account on LinuxSucks just to vote in that poll... then I realized that Linux was already ranked #1
HEHEHEHEHE
I probably should anyway, just to keep the number even higher :)

PriceChild
May 3rd, 2007, 03:24 PM
I've closed this thread due to

1. There is only one possible outcome on this forum
2. Its inviting people to get worked up
3. It violates the Ubuntu CoC