PDA

View Full Version : Linux - as defined by Uncyclopedia

FoolsGold
May 2nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
Found this rather amusing: http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Linux

I do agree with their picture of the "average Linux user". :)

kano
May 2nd, 2007, 11:27 AM
Taking it as a complete joke (of course), I couldn't help but choke on my own laughs as I read these two parts.

Linus, leader of both the catholic and muslim faith, is a great man. After he killed all the nazis and mv'd their graves to /dev/null, he decided it would be cool to make a new thing like god made earth. Only instead of using his super powers to create life and stuff, he used them to make the best operating system alive today. Only it's not alive, today. He pretty much took it out of thin air. First he cd to the root directory then he wrote ./configure, make, and make install. Then linux was made. It's basically the greatest thing ever, besides pi. Pi is good.

Linux uses a monolithic kernel, meaning everything (probably) runs slightly slower than had it used a microkernel. However, advocates claim using a microkernel wouldn't work, suggesting Linux is so compact it would actually have a negative size, which has been known to cause rips in the space-time continuum. Richard Stallman stepped in at the last minute, warning that the destruction of the universe, which would inevitably follow this, would in fact result in freedom for all. Critics have countered that Stallman's own girth is of sufficient width to plug any such tear in space and time, and would in fact be a better use for him than is true at the present time.