PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the best way to sell computer parts?

user1397
May 2nd, 2007, 02:50 AM
I have a random CRT monitor, 2 extra video cards, and an old power supply unit (250 WATT) that I could sell right now.

The problem is, I cannot decide on which medium to sell, because I am afraid I could make more money on a different one than the one I'll choose.

What do you guys think?

JerseyShoreComputer
May 2nd, 2007, 02:58 AM
E-Bay all the way man! I speak from experience. I'll be placing some items up there too later this week - hard drives, memory, DVD writers, motherboards.. You name it. Time to clean house.

Hints for E-Bay:

1. Research similar items to get ideas on pricing
2. ALWAYS include a picture, and include it in the listing as well
3. Get as detailed as possible, but be honest
4. If there are too many of the same thing listed when you do the search, see when they are ending and then list your item. Or, start yours at a lower price.

Good luck!

user1397
May 2nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
bump (need more votes!)

K.Mandla
May 2nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
bump (need more votes!)
+1 for ebay. It's how I get rid of my surplus.

gn2
May 2nd, 2007, 09:54 PM
It has to be eBay.

A TV show in the UK called "The Money Programme" did an episode where a presenter took a stroll along a beach on the south coast of England picking up old pieces of rope that had been washed up.

He then listed them on ebay.co.uk, and sold them no problem.

If you can literally get money for old rope on eBay, then you can easily shift PC parts.

bukwirm
May 2nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
E-bay or find a friend who needs them.

lepz
May 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
e-bay

user1397
May 9th, 2007, 11:52 PM
keep em votes coming...

Stew2
May 10th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Another vote for ebay. I buy and sell computer parts through ebay as well. CRT's are not worth listing though as it will cost more to ship than it is worth, best to try to sell that locally or give it to someone who needs a new monitor. Hard to beat ebay for normal parts though just because of the sheer volume of people that use it.

Regards,
Stew

%hMa@?b<C
May 10th, 2007, 01:29 AM
craigslist, if you have a local one
www.craigslist.org

Compucore
May 10th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Unless they are really old or just witin the last year or two. Bring them to your local Computer recycling center. You be surprise what you can also pick up as well or exchange of it is worth it to bring in the older parts and ask the owner themselves. I've done that myself over here many a time.

Compucore