PDA

View Full Version : iGoogle

dbbolton
May 2nd, 2007, 02:17 AM
so, i noticed that, on my personalised home page, the "Google" logo has been changed to "iGoogle." is this new? am i missing something?

if i have to put up with one more iNoun, i will move to a shack in montana, furnished only with a typewriter.

diskotek
May 2nd, 2007, 02:37 AM
i thin they just want to use it before apple use... hehe.

may be they just want to make differece between default google & customized one.

Somenoob
May 2nd, 2007, 02:48 AM
The "I-everything" term is starting to get annoying.

naknak987
May 2nd, 2007, 03:00 AM
I just noticed, mine is like that to. Wonder what gives?

FuturePilot
May 2nd, 2007, 03:02 AM
The "I-everything" term is starting to get annoying.
Indeed it is#-o

Sunflower1970
May 2nd, 2007, 03:05 AM
Supposed to be some new feature to be able to write and add gadgets. Look at the bottom of the page. There should be a link that says "New! Make your own gadget - no programming required!"

dbbolton
May 2nd, 2007, 03:08 AM
Supposed to be some new feature to be able to write and add gadgets. Look at the bottom of the page. There should be a link that says "New! Make your own gadget - no programming required!"
no programming required?

that's like hangover-free vodka. the detrimental effects on society will be immense...

haricharan
May 2nd, 2007, 03:44 AM
i guess they decided on it long back..thats y the page had been termed as www.google.com/ig (http://www.google.com/ig)

Polygon
May 2nd, 2007, 04:57 AM
i read about this earlier, and i am still wondering

didnt apple copyright or trademark the i(InsertNameHere) thing? like iPod iLife iTunes .... etc? so how did google get through this to name their free website thing iGoogle?

H.E. Pennypacker
May 2nd, 2007, 05:02 AM
i read about this earlier, and i am still wondering

didnt apple copyright or trademark the i(InsertNameHere) thing? like iPod iLife iTunes .... etc? so how did google get through this to name their free website thing iGoogle?

You can't trademark a letter. They would not be able to trademark i-anything. Only specific names/words can be trademarked.

In this case, it would not be copyrighted. The protection of intellectual property referring to indentifiable names/phrases is known as a trademark.

Polygon
May 2nd, 2007, 05:04 AM
hmm, maybe im thinking that they just trademarked iPod, so a lot of companies that had iPod in their name had to do some name changes...