PDA

View Full Version : awareness about vista and proprietary software

proalan
May 1st, 2007, 12:01 AM
I've just read this article what-s-wrong-with-microsoft-windows-vista (http://badvista.fsf.org/what-s-wrong-with-microsoft-windows-vista)

I think its important for users to understand that ubuntu/linux isn't just about installing cool features such as beryl or compiz, it is important to raise awareness/promote freedom of software and really understand how software patents could threaten free software and linux itself.

Billy_McBong
May 1st, 2007, 01:03 AM
makes me glad i use linux

"The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. For more information, see
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/userights. You may not
* work around any technical limitations in the software;
*reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
*use components of the software to run applications not running on the software;
*make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
*publish the software for others to copy;
*rent, lease or lend the software; or
*use the software for commercial software hosting services."

Compucore
May 1st, 2007, 01:14 AM
That's why I am sticking with linux on any and all ew compujters that I get over here. The older ones that I have here that I still use the older versions of windows will stay the same even past their update mandates. Thank Linux torvalds for making something useful like linux. And the legions of programmers out there to pulll this stuff off.

:D

steven8
May 1st, 2007, 09:15 AM
I've just read this article what-s-wrong-with-microsoft-windows-vista (http://badvista.fsf.org/what-s-wrong-with-microsoft-windows-vista)

I think its important for users to understand that ubuntu/linux isn't just about installing cool features such as beryl or compiz, it is important to raise awareness/promote freedom of software and really understand how software patents could threaten free software and linux itself.

It's why I'm here. I already joined badvista.org. We need to speak out!

STREETURCHINE
May 1st, 2007, 09:54 AM
It's why I'm here. I already joined badvista.org. We need to speak out!

ditto.i have also registered so i can put my voice forward.

steven8
May 1st, 2007, 10:08 AM
ditto.i have also registered so i can put my voice forward.

Do it. Without even thinking about it, basically the world is allowing the Microsoft corporation to hold it hostage on a daily basis.

3rdalbum
May 1st, 2007, 12:46 PM
Join us now and share the software
You'll be free hackers,
you'll be free!