PDA

View Full Version : USB flash drive cap replacement?

smoker
April 30th, 2007, 12:58 PM
hi, after losing yet another cap for my usb flash drive, i am looking for ideas for a cheap replacement cap, maybe some everyday item that i can improvise to fit! save me carrying it around in a bag!

all suggestions welcome:-)

mech7
April 30th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Maybe you should buy one of the usb sticks where the cap is holded togheter with a rope..

kerry_s
April 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I hate when that happens. :)
I use fishing line and drill a little hole in the cap, put the line in and tie a not, then i tie it where the leash goes. I don't lose them any more. :)

smoker
April 30th, 2007, 06:16 PM
I use fishing line and drill a little hole in the cap

good idea, and worth thinking about, but i was hoping for something roughly the same dimensions and easily available that could be utilised after losing the *darn* thing!

cheers:-)

PapaWiskas
April 30th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Buy usb drives with retractable usb end.
I got tired of loosing them, or find a friend who has the same drive as you, and steal his.
I also have use those tiny waterballon, to wrap my stick. Ohhhh...that didn't come out right did it...

LaRoza
April 30th, 2007, 06:48 PM
You can get one with a swivel cap also. I like the retractable flash drives also.

kerry_s
May 1st, 2007, 12:55 AM
good idea, and worth thinking about, but i was hoping for something roughly the same dimensions and easily available that could be utilised after losing the *darn* thing!

cheers:-)

I would just buy one of those cheap ones, you know the 32mb ones, and use that cap. there only like a couple of bucks. I seen some at compusa for like 3 bucks, you'll just have to sacrifice a bk wopper meal. :)

smoker
May 1st, 2007, 08:19 AM
hi, i actually found the cap again, after much crawling around under benches!

wish though that some enterprising person would manufacture replacements in rubber/plastic and sell them in bags of ten at computer stores for a few quid!

thanks for replies:-)

kerry_s
May 1st, 2007, 12:38 PM
hi, i actually found the cap again, after much crawling around under benches!

wish though that some enterprising person would manufacture replacements in rubber/plastic and sell them in bags of ten at computer stores for a few quid!

thanks for replies:-)

Hey, that sounds like a great idea. Maybe you can pitch it and make some $ from some company.