PDA

View Full Version : Any German speakers with some free time?

PartisanEntity
April 30th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I received permission from aysiu to translate his superb site into German. I am mirroring his site on my server, and have started to translate during my free time.

This is the first time I translate anything seriously and so I am sure there is a lot of room for corrections and improvement.

If there are any German speakers here with some free time who would like to help translate some lines of text please get in touch with me and let me know.

There are no deadlines of course, this would just be yet another helpful source of info for German speaking Ubuntu-newbies :)

Thanks!

karellen
April 30th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I received permission from aysiu to translate his superb site into German. I am mirroring his site on my server, and have started to translate during my free time.

This is the first time I translate anything seriously and so I am sure there is a lot of room for corrections and improvement.

If there are any German speakers here with some free time who would like to help translate some lines of text please get in touch with me and let me know.

There are no deadlines of course, this would just be yet another helpful source of info for German speaking Ubuntu-newbies :)

Thanks!

sorry I can't help as I am no German speaker. I just wanted to congratulate you for your initiative :), I like people who are willing to help others and use their spare time for this. I wish you luck!

xyz
April 30th, 2007, 01:28 PM
My German is limited to speaking...and I couldn't be of any help.

In case you don't find any help here, you could try posting here and ask:
.ubuntuusers -fragen ist menschlich (http://www.ubuntuusers.de/)

Good luck.

PartisanEntity
April 30th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the link, ill definately ask for help there. They also have a great Wiki in German which helps with the terminology.

PartisanEntity
May 1st, 2007, 11:39 AM
For those interested, here is what I have so far:
Link (http://alhaffar.com/ubuntu/)

I have posted another request for help at the above mentioned site, ubuntuusers.de also but have received no offers yet :)

I will be bumping this thread to give it maximum exposure for a while.

Thanks.

xyz
May 1st, 2007, 11:52 AM
Looks good so far!

mtron
May 1st, 2007, 12:34 PM
I'm native german speaker, with enough free time ;)

your site looks already quite finished, still in need of assistance?

PartisanEntity
May 1st, 2007, 12:53 PM
I'm native german speaker, with enough free time ;)

your site looks already quite finished, still in need of assistance?

Yes please! :) I have marked the pages that have been translated with a small German flag, all other pages are not translated yet.

Currently I am working on the Passwort im Terminal page.

If you can and would like to help out just pick any page and translate it, then send me the text. Let me know which one it is so I can move on to the next one. I will of course include all those who helped out in the credits :)

Thanks!

PartisanEntity
May 1st, 2007, 01:12 PM
Now im on to the partitioning page.

Erunno
May 1st, 2007, 01:14 PM
I'm a native german speaker but very busy ip until the end of next week probably. After that I would be able to help you out.

PartisanEntity
May 1st, 2007, 01:17 PM
I'm a native german speaker but very busy ip until the end of next week probably. After that I would be able to help you out.

Thanks very much, any time you have some time just let me know.

MRiGnS
May 1st, 2007, 01:46 PM
I did translate the wine page. i could now translate the page about planning partitions, if no one minds.

MRiGnS
May 1st, 2007, 01:53 PM

MRiGnS
May 1st, 2007, 01:53 PM
triple post .... oO

PartisanEntity
May 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM
I did translate the wine page. i could now translate the page about planning partitions, if no one minds.

Wow great, thanks very much for the text. You can go ahead and translate the page about planning partitions. (I was actually going to start with that but I haven't done anything yet).

PartisanEntity
May 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM
Note: to all members who would like to help out, please keep an eye on the small German flag on this page (http://alhaffar.com/ubuntu/) to see which pages have been translated or are being worked on, I update it whenever a page is done or whenever a member 'reserves' a page to work on. (The flags will all eventually be removed once all the pages have been translated)

PartisanEntity
May 4th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Update and bump :)

I have received a great amount of help from MRiGnS and also from a member over at ubuntuusers.de

Once again, if any Germans speakers have some free time and would like to help, I would appreciate your help very much, you will of course be included in the credits.

There is no deadline, I work on the translations whenever I have some free time, hopefully the entire site will be translated eventually :)

MRiGnS
May 4th, 2007, 08:23 PM
lol, just seen that you already added my translation for the partition part. i waited for some feedback regarding errors :D

EDIT: found one. in one line i wrote "minutten"

PartisanEntity
May 4th, 2007, 08:38 PM
lol, just seen that you already added my translation for the partition part. i waited for some feedback regarding errors :D

EDIT: found one. in one line i wrote "minutten"

Oh sorry I actually added the translation a day after you gave it to me and then I did not have time to work on the site until today. Thanks for the correction, I'll update it later on today :)