PDA

View Full Version : User ratings? How do you get them?

kalias
June 19th, 2005, 05:54 AM
I am new to ubuntu and this is probably the dumbest question I could ask but I have a curiosity that needs to be satisfied. Each user has a ranking ie "master brewer" "newbie drip" etc. How do you get these ratings? Is it based on the amount of posting you do or your technical capabilities? Just wanted to know :)

TravisNewman
June 19th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Some are based on post counts. If you're a developer, VIP, moderator, community artist, etc, you have different titles. I can't remember them right off, but I'll see if I can find the list

xmastree
June 19th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Is it based on the amount of posting you doYep, that's it.

bored2k
June 19th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Yep, that's it.
There's also teh exception of kassetra (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=7047), who has the unique "..Super Ubuntu Blend.." title.

sapo
June 19th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I am new to ubuntu and this is probably the dumbest question I could ask but I have a curiosity that needs to be satisfied. Each user has a ranking ie "master brewer" "newbie drip" etc. How do you get these ratings? Is it based on the amount of posting you do or your technical capabilities? Just wanted to know :)

just flood baby.. but try to trick the moderators.. flooding without thinking before is a certain BAN...

like this post... i m flooding.. but it doesnt seens like it :roll:

Sorry mods... just kidding ok :grin:

XDevHald
June 19th, 2005, 12:30 PM
;) Make yourself useful to the posts, and not just posting small sentences that others have already said, and yes, flood, but do it responsibly to where you're showing yourself as an asset to the forum, and not just a troll :)

benplaut
June 19th, 2005, 09:20 PM
BUT N3VER N3V3R SPM LIEK THIS1!11!1 WTF

(SOMABODY HAD 2 SAY IT) [-X

courtesy of the AOLer Translater

jdong
June 19th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Normally, it progresses just by post count. We believe that people who post a lot show strong dedication to the forums, and also have more experience with solving problems, etc.

Sometimes, we will bump people up or down, if they deserve special action :)

Optimal Aurora
June 20th, 2005, 05:31 AM
And in some cases, I think that the persons user rating seems to help their experience... (like me recently achieve "way to much ubuntu" and I have been using it now for 2 months straight...)

Then too the distinguish road (the green box by the number of post that individual has) seems to show me that practically everyone is nice and considerate and helpful... I don't know if that is what the designers of this forum had in store for this forum, but that is how I feel about it...

WildTangent
June 20th, 2005, 05:40 AM
woah, when did they make you an admin jdong?

the above is what not to do, thats called going off-topic or OT, which may result in a higher post count, but is not as highly valued.

but seriously, when did they make you an admin?

-Wild

poofyhairguy
June 20th, 2005, 07:00 AM

Jdong is like THE admin dude. One day I'm going to write a nice letter to Mark explaining that he needs to hire jdong because he probably does more work for Ubuntu than any other single person.

WildTangent
June 20th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Jdong is like THE admin dude. One day I'm going to write a nice letter to Mark explaining that he needs to hire jdong because he probably does more work for Ubuntu than any other single person.
no arguments there, ill co-sign the letter if you like, but last time i checked he was a global mod

-Wild

Lovechild
June 20th, 2005, 07:35 AM
on sidenote, I just discovered I'm a contributor.. woohoo

allforcarrie
June 20th, 2005, 08:55 AM
on sidenote, I just discovered I'm a contributor.. woohoo

Do you have to donate $40 at a time or can it be in chunks? I already did $20.

Lovechild
June 20th, 2005, 09:03 AM

I haven't donated anything yet (flat broke, sorry), I just hang around - must be a mistake then.

fng
June 20th, 2005, 09:12 AM

I think you are mistaking contributer with a forum donator.
Forum donater : > 40$ donated
contributer : > 300 posts

jdong
June 20th, 2005, 01:01 PM
-Wild
Just a few weeks ago :)

mike998
June 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM

I second that. Great work, jdong. I don't think that so many people would be using this distro without his good work.

jdong
June 20th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your support.

It's a supportive, cooperative, and helpful community that makes Ubuntu my #1 distro.

Now, if it had decent RAID support, I'd run it as my host distro... LOL :)