PDA

View Full Version : Now that feisty is released, what will you do?

PatrickMay16
April 28th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Feisty has been released. A while back when Edgy was hot off the press, I asked a similar question. Now, I'm asking yet another question. This interesting stuff, I tell you.

Ireclan
April 28th, 2007, 02:32 AM
I plan on upgrading to Feisty as soon as I finish playing my game of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (I don't know how to save my game when making the transfer from Edgy to Feisty).

PatrickMay16
April 28th, 2007, 02:34 AM
I plan on upgrading to Feisty as soon as I finish playing my game of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (I don't know how to save my game when making the transfer from Edgy to Feisty).

Are you playing using zsnes? Just make a backup of the ~/.zsnes folder.

Compucore
April 28th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Well for my workstation I am sticking with Dapper drake until the next LTS comes out. But for my laptop feisty is great for it. So I'll use that for testing the newer versions of ubuntu over here.

Compucore

Mrmental
April 28th, 2007, 02:47 AM
I couldn't wait to upgrade to Feisty. I had to wait until I got my fast university internet connection back after the spring break though.

gzone
April 28th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Installed the new version...this is a complete install and not an upgrade. I like what I have so far. things seem to work better.

psionyk
April 28th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Dapper was the last *buntu that I actually installed on my machine, so I'm going to try out Xubuntu for the thrill of it. The curiousity to see what all the hubbub's about is killing me. :-)

Might try out that new MS thing I heard about too, what was it called? Schmista? "The 'OW' starts now!"

<_<

>_>

Nah, better not do #2, there's so much to live for.

reclusivemonkey
April 28th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I started with Feisty some time back as I bought my gf an iPod nano for her birthday and it didn't seem to work in Edgy. Works great in Feisty, I can transfer music/play music from it, sync contacts and calendars and transfer photos. The only thing I can't get to work is Album Art, if anyone has this working, please let me know (not Album Art from the iPod, but to it).

happy-and-lost
April 28th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Kubuntu Feisty is actually tempting me away from Gnome. The nm-applet asking for a password is enough to tip me over!

DC@DR
April 28th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I'm already riding on Feisty now :-D

samjh
April 28th, 2007, 11:36 AM
LOL, choice 1 is taking up 95%. One-sided poll, perhaps? :D