PDA

View Full Version : Positive Upgrade Experience

Puppy fam
April 28th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I know most people post any problems they have when upgrading, but I thought I'd just share my very positive experience.

I used the update manager to upgrade from Edgy; less than three hours later, I was running Feisty. Google Earth worked (it didn't in Edgy) as did a Beryl setting or two that didn't before upgrading. So far, I've had no problems other than Beryl possibly being a bit sluggish.

:guitar:

ViRMiN
April 28th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Personally, I couldn't give [2 pence] if Beryl works or not! I'd rather enjoy proper features than eye-candy!

old_geekster
April 28th, 2007, 12:19 AM
It sounds like our experiences were nearly the same. However, Beryl works great on my rig. In fact, better than in Edgy. I was pleasantly surprised.

The only problem that I have had is the nVidia drivers "1.0-9631" are not functioning correctly. The "Refresh Rate" changes back to 60 everytime I boot. I guess it will take an update to fix the problem.

ViRMiN
April 28th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Beryl works for me, but why do so many users treat it as the be-all-and-end-all!?

D!mon
April 28th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Positive upgrade experience here too.. all seems to be faster in Fiesty!!!
But to be honest if I was newbie I could not perform this upgrade.. update-manager failed with error in the middle of installation process, so I had to go back to console, remove some 'problem' packages there and then use 'not-reccommened' apt-get dist-upgrade method. Also it installed nvidia-glx and I had latest nvidia driver installed in Edgy hence gdm failed to start after reboot:)