PDA

View Full Version : I'm Free As In Free Of Microsoft...

JOBLESSINUSA
April 27th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I Got Wireless Working Today. I've Got Multimedia. I Can Watch Dvd's. On And On.
"and So It Goes ..."
All This On An Old Msi M7t Turbo2 With Basically Junk Boards Etc.

Absolutely Awesome Os!!!

Bye Bye Microsoft Bye Bye. Have A Nice Day Billy Boy. You'll Get No More From Me ...

karellen
April 27th, 2007, 09:58 PM
jump in the boat, man :)

Kingsley
April 27th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Cool.

floke
April 27th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Feels goooood don't it?

Josey
April 27th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Yes I remember realizing that Ubuntu did everything I needed & more than windows.

ahh...
that was a good day. :)

starcraft.man
April 27th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, I remember that day... After I installed Ubuntu a while back and started seeing all the quality programs out there like k3b and others... (was already using open office at this time :) ) I just couldn't believe it either. Good for you, best wishes with Ubuntu.

Sadly I still have xp on a small 10 gb partiton, stupid little programs... one day I'll be completely free too!!!

reacocard
April 27th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Yes I remember realizing that Ubuntu did everything I needed & more than windows.

ahh...
that was a good day. :)

Same here. Took me less than a month to switch and I've never looked back. Windows isn't even as functional as Linux. My #1 complaint: explorer has no 'open in new window' option in the right-click menu. :mad: Every single other file manager out there has this, why not explorer?!?!?!

zubrug
April 27th, 2007, 10:42 PM
That feeling never goes away. My wife knows very little about os but when I said I was going to buy a dell, the first thing she said was that she did not want window's, had to explain that hopefully dell might sell ubuntu installed systems and that we should support that.
She has been helping friends do there tax's online and has had nothing but complaints about their computer's running windows.

Gargamella
April 27th, 2007, 10:51 PM
I know what you feel...as the first time I set wireless with ndiswrapper and internet connection by pppoeconf...simply walking on sunshine ;D

happy for you ;D

welcome

gashcr
April 27th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Congratulatios, this is a glorious day not just for you, but for the whole community!! Welcome home my friend, may Tux and the mighty Ubuntu spirit be with you!!

psionyk
April 27th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Congratulations for making the switch all the way to Linux, that's hardcore and I totally respect that!

I'm still shackled to Windows for gaming use, partly from uncertainty as to WINE being able to run all of them well, and partly from laziness. I hate it, I wish I wasn't a gamer, I would drop Windows in a heartbeat. Every single time I boot into it I feel guilty, like I'm having an affair on Linux with a cheap prostitute or something. :|

:lolflag:

Welcome to the Light Side (or are we really the Dark Side?....Hmmm....)

Josey
April 27th, 2007, 11:51 PM
like I'm having an affair on Linux with a cheap prostitute or something.

lol

Back Slasher
April 28th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Started with Linux back with Mandrake back in 1998, stayed with M$ through the crAzIness of XP, but then Vista was on the horizon and it was time for TUX.

Microsoft: Failure is not an option, it is bundled with the software
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer

lakersforce
April 28th, 2007, 12:56 AM
But we still have to remember that Ubuntu is unfortunately not completely free.

reacocard
April 28th, 2007, 01:44 AM
But we still have to remember that Ubuntu is unfortunately not completely free.

No, but it's pretty dang close. Just device firmware and some video drivers aren't, iirc.