PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone successfully used KNetworkManager with connecting to a wireless router?

wersdaluv
April 27th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I just installed Kubuntu Feisty in a new partition and I cannot connect with KNetworkManager. I researched about it and it seems that many people cannot connect to their wireless routers with Kubuntu because of KNetworkManager.

In my old partition where I had Feisty which was upgraded from Edgy, I could connect to the internet but not through KNetworkManager, but through wlassistant.

I'm just curious, has anyone successfully connected to a wireless router with KNetworkManager without manual configuration or other apps like wlassistant?

Oh... I almost forgot. This case is also similar to Ubuntu (GNOME desktop) Feisty. It has a new wireless lan detecting feature, but I never actually managed to connect with it. I had to use the manual configuration in order to connect. Has anyone managed to connect with the new wireless lan feature in Feisty?

fuscia
April 27th, 2007, 02:17 PM
you probably need to open up /etc/network/interfaces and comment out everything, except...

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

edit: that's worked for me in the past. it may not be the solution, but it's easily undone if not.