PDA

View Full Version : Another Ubuntu vs. Vista review.

BuffaloX
April 27th, 2007, 12:23 AM
You probably already seen dozens of these,
But this one is a little different. It is very neutral, and really tries to make the review fair.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/04/ubuntu-vs-vista.html

Conclusions

Ubuntu beats Vista by a score of 4-3. It looks like Microsoft's perch at the top might be coming to an end. Ubuntu wins our Technical Award of Excellence.

tbroderick
April 27th, 2007, 02:16 AM
"I'm in your Ubuntu killing your processes - 254,000"

igknighted
April 27th, 2007, 04:25 AM
I greatly enjoyed this, thank you!

FoolsGold
April 27th, 2007, 04:28 AM
A very scientific article. Particuarly about the sister banging.

steven8
April 27th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Now THAT'S the kind of press that will finally make this the year of Linux!!

jiminycricket
April 27th, 2007, 05:21 AM
I can just see the "Linux Desktop Readiness" thread exploding after newbies read this...

Tundro Walker
April 27th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Awesome! You know, that's really not that far-fetched. You know how many folks are switching to Ubuntu just because of flashy 3d desktop graphics like Compiz/Beryl/Xgl? I'm assuming lots, because there's tons of posts about it. You'd think that was the only reason to switch over. I can hear the emo trend-setters now...

"Oh yeah?! Well my desktop is a 3d cube that I can rotate!"

"Whoa, Dude! Awesome...you totally got my OS beat! All it can do is change colors..."

Yeah, let's not take into consideration all the power that's under the hood. Let's just vote on our best based on the paint-job and how modular the body of the car is. LOL!

"Oh, yeah? Well my Scion has custom decals, wheels, and shifting knob!"

"Dude, sweet! I can't believe I'm stuck driving the POS V6 turbo-charged Mustang... LAME!"

LOL!

BuffaloX
April 27th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Now THAT'S the kind of press that will finally make this the year of Linux!!

Yep, we can just define it to be. :guitar: