PDA

View Full Version : Moblock GUI Alpha

Leebo
April 26th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Here's a screenshot of what i have so far. Most features work...except having issue with getting window to scroll as log progresses. Would like to add to systray as well. I guess thats what makes it alpha :P

http://imajr.com/th/MoblockControl_20446.png (http://imajr.com/MoblockControl_20446)

Click to enlarge..

Leebo

ssodhi
April 26th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Might I ask for more details as to just what this is? I'm thinking it blocks/monitors network traffic, but I'm certainly interested to learn more.

Looks dashing ;-)
-Sanjay Sodhi

Leebo
April 26th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Its just a frontend to Moblock (console based peerguardian so to speak). It just gives a graphical interface for moblock for those of us who like to use gui for programs sometimes :)

Leebo

Effect
April 27th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Can anyone get this alpha yet? A link?

Limitlesschannels
June 26th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Can anyone get this alpha yet? A link?

what he said.

bump.

Ralob
July 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Bump

I am excited about this :D

stefano_uf
July 2nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
Hi there,
i'm a newbie to p2p, and i'm just now aware of the need of a peerguardian like moblock. I've installed it, and it works like a charm.

but there's one (at least) thing that i don't understand. follow my thinking and tell me please where i'm wrong.
in order: many bad guys send fake p2p packets, just to spy or to slowdown your connection, stealing bandwith and decreasing the efficency of the p2p architecture. so we need p2pguardan. ok.
the fake messages arrives, my client p2p app get them, process them and spit the packets in response: here come moblock, which trap the bad address and doesn't deliver the reply.

but, is it possible to block the IN direction packets from bad guys? why my app has to spent cpu & resources to make replies that will be missed anyway?

how is possible to use the guarding.p2p list in the incoming direction?

many thanks for your attention
Stefano C