PDA

View Full Version : Second hand/used cpu source ?

mips
April 25th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Looking for a Pentium M cpu in working condition.

My laptop has a celeron and it is simply not financially viable to buy a new cpu for a 2yr old laptop.

Anybody know of a source that would ship internationally ?

steven8
April 25th, 2007, 04:11 PM
http://computers.search.ebay.com/pentium-m_Desktop-Laptop-Components_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsacatZ3667

E-Bay!

mips
April 25th, 2007, 11:01 PM
E-Bay!

Thanks, I have a slight distrust of ebay though.

But please keep the suggestions coming though.

steven8
April 26th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks, I have a slight distrust of ebay though.

But please keep the suggestions coming though.

Oddly enough, I distrust PayPal, not e-bay itself. I will order something if the seller will take a check or money order. I had a PayPal account, and one day got an email saying I needed to update my info. I followed the link and did so. Then, less than a week later, got a phone call from our bank asking us if we had been traveling of late. "No.", we said. "Well", they said, "Someone in Australia has tried to access your account." I believe that was a fake email. I haven't touched PayPal since, and keep getting these emails telling me someone has tried to add an email to my account, and I need to verify information and so forth. I've just let the account rot. I canceled the card which was attached to the account after the Australia incident, so it doesn't really matter what anyone does.

Anyway, if they let you pay by check or money order, I have had succes on a couple of purchases.

mips
April 26th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Oddly enough, I distrust PayPal, not e-bay itself. I will order something if the seller will take a check or money order. I had a PayPal account, and one day got an email saying I needed to update my info. I followed the link and did so. Then, less than a week later, got a phone call from our bank asking us if we had been traveling of late. "No.", we said. "Well", they said, "Someone in Australia has tried to access your account." I believe that was a fake email. I haven't touched PayPal since, and keep getting these emails telling me someone has tried to add an email to my account, and I need to verify information and so forth. I've just let the account rot. I canceled the card which was attached to the account after the Australia incident, so it doesn't really matter what anyone does.

Anyway, if they let you pay by check or money order, I have had succes on a couple of purchases.

I agree on PayPal. I also had a paypal account. That was until they could no longer use credit cards from my country. They closed my account and i dunno what happened to the funds in it, fortunately it was less than $10.