PDA

View Full Version : YAABV - Yet Another Beryl Video

Mazza558
April 24th, 2007, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sFxF7szBwA

I'm unsure where to post this, but it just shows how awesome FOSS is. I chose a Vista-like theme in a kind of mocking way, just ot show up all the "Vista has the best effects" people. I'm in love with Beryl, I sometimes just stop working just to swivel the desktop one more time, or whilst I'm thinking of what to write for work, just causing a few ripples for some mild amusement.

In the meantime though, sit back and enjoy the show!

:popcorn:

And please tell me what you think :)

Tundro Walker
April 25th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Good video. Ok, Mazza...your mission, should you choose to accept it...(starts Mission Impossible music)...

Put on mic and make a Video Walk-through, showing how to set settings in Feisty using "gconf-editor" and "gnome-compiz-settings" to do what you showed off in your original post.

(This post will self-destruct in 5 seconds...BURP! Whoops, musta just been gas...)

H.E. Pennypacker
April 25th, 2007, 06:04 AM
I didn't watch the whole thing, but it appears to be a very simple video.

userundefine
April 25th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Extra A in that acronym, no?

igknighted
April 25th, 2007, 06:20 AM
A for awesome...?

I was convinced beryl was the best eye-candy out there until I saw a video of OSX running a cube with OSX on one side, Ubuntu on another, and Windows on a third... quite clever. I don't think it does windows that wobble (or move naturally to put it in terms of the ergonomics that make it useful) or any of the other really neat effects, but combining a cube with virtualization is quite clever IMHO. They are at least in the ballpark unlike windows.

PatrickMay16
April 25th, 2007, 06:21 AM
It needs some music. Certainly, it needs some DANCE MUSIC. If you want to make any more videos of beryl, and want some custom made music for them, send me a PM. I'd be happy to help.

H.E. Pennypacker
April 26th, 2007, 05:18 AM
A for awesome...?

I was convinced beryl was the best eye-candy out there until I saw a video of OSX running a cube with OSX on one side, Ubuntu on another, and Windows on a third... quite clever. I don't think it does windows that wobble (or move naturally to put it in terms of the ergonomics that make it useful) or any of the other really neat effects, but combining a cube with virtualization is quite clever IMHO. They are at least in the ballpark unlike windows.

You must not have seen the same thing done with Beryl. There is a cube; one side has Ubuntu, another Windows, etc. I have seen a Ubuntu/Windows combo, but I have never seen OSX in a VM.