PDA

View Full Version : How can I start a small newspaper?

scuzzo84
April 24th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Does anyone have a good link or any place where I can find out how to start a small newspaper publication? I need to know how much it costs and whats the process of getting it done, such as where to get it printed and the format to submit the content and etc etc...

metra
April 24th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Is this for some econ homework assignment, or is this something you actually want to do?

diskotek
April 24th, 2007, 09:15 PM
wow, this is so complicated thing. you would like to start a lnewslater-board type or local newspaper. and how many people would be working on that. anyway i don't know legal issues there but starting a small newspaper not so easy thing.

what's the image in your mind?

Hex_Mandos
April 24th, 2007, 09:22 PM
It's expensive. I wanted to start one, and I decided it was pointless, since the world's leading newspapers are switching to digital formats. I don't see why I shouldn't do the same, it's cheaper and easier.

diskotek
April 24th, 2007, 11:46 PM
paper always have a different place thought. yeah that would change according to the ingridents.

by the way you have to pay subscrises for national & international news agencies. and advertisers to earn money or just to keep to things run.

note: i worked as a freelance author in a ntional newspaper, my knowledge came out from these small experiences).

i personally support illegal photocopy fanzines! (ok there is no link with a newspaper).

Brunellus
April 24th, 2007, 11:57 PM
you'll need writers, an editor, a page designer, and a printer.

For the page design--there's Scribus.

If I were going to go into the small newspaper scene, I'd go for A3-sized broadsheets to pin to campus noticeboards.