PDA

View Full Version : Old School NES Days: Captain N

poofyhairguy
June 16th, 2005, 09:58 AM
I found this really funny review of Captain N, a cartoon I used to watch every saturday morning:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/562.html

Please be advised if has a few naughty words.

I found this because I also recently found out the series is on DVD, which is depressing considering that The Tick isn't on DvD.

nobodysbusiness
June 16th, 2005, 02:57 PM
That gameboy thing has got to be the weirdest damn side-kick in the history of any media. What were they thinking? I can't believe I watched that.

jdodson
June 16th, 2005, 05:15 PM
i loved that show, and watched it rarely because i could never remember when it was on tv. the old school nintendo machine ruled my life for many years. i bought the games, the trading cards, the comics, the magazine, watched the cartoons, and dreamt of nintendo goodness all day long at school.

those were the days. sweet, sweet nintendo.

fwiw, check out this link of all the nintendo products: http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/nes/default.php

poofyhairguy
June 16th, 2005, 07:18 PM
i loved that show, and watched it rarely because i could never remember when it was on tv. the old school nintendo machine ruled my life for many years. i bought the games, the trading cards, the comics, the magazine, watched the cartoons, and dreamt of nintendo goodness all day long at school.

Nintendo Power: the magazine that was more one big add than anything else.

nobodysbusiness
June 16th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I wonder if I still have all of the maybe 150 issues of Nintendo Power somewhere up in my parent's attic. In my younger years, I read that magazine from cover to cover the moment it arrived. Eventually, though, I lost interest and quit reading the issues when they arrived. It was a weird feeling at the time, to stop liking something that had been so interesting before. Growing up, I guess. This thread sure does bring back memories.

somuchfortheafter
June 16th, 2005, 09:40 PM
hmm i had the same feeling with np as well.. man mario was my first game.. that and duck hunt at the ripe age of 2.5-3....