View Full Version : suggestions

richardjennings
April 24th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Yep, so I got drunk last night and now find I have a new domain registered;

silentfeature.com

the question is: What do I use it for?

DoctorMO
April 24th, 2007, 11:20 AM
You could use it as a place for people to report bugs randomly. be funny.

steven8
April 24th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Yep, so I got drunk last night and now find I have a new domain registered;

silentfeature.com

the question is: What do I use it for?

Yep, it says. "Just Registered." But if it's a silent feature, what're ya doin' talkin' about it? :lolflag:

richardjennings
April 25th, 2007, 09:06 AM
lol yeah - a very valid point

I was thinking of starting my own Ubuntu blog there. Maybe I don't know anything of use to anyone else - but it would be handy to have my own reference guide.

Any other ideas?

steven8
April 25th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I get the itch to make a new website at least once a week. :) I just know there has to be something out there to make a site about that would be new and different. I just haven't come up with it yet. if i think of something I'll let you know.

richardjennings
April 25th, 2007, 04:12 PM
lol yeah I know the feeling. I have been doing alot of work on fuelies.net recently. (currently a long way from finished). I've just gone ahead and setup a blog. Now I need an evil plan to take over the blogosphere.

migla
April 25th, 2007, 04:38 PM
"silentfeature" sounds kind of cool.

Do you have any recollection of what was going trough your head? Was it just that you thought that "silent" and "feature" were cool words that would be cool if combined in an url?

Could it be for shedding light on devious features that microsoft and/or evil governments (or whatever) want to sneak into peoples lives?

richardjennings
April 25th, 2007, 05:04 PM
I was thinking along the lines of:

UGH my PC is really noisy. Wouldn't it be cool to build a silent PC. Oh wait, if i did that everyone would want to buy one from me... I could sell them with Ubuntu pre installed, everyone will love Ubuntu - buy my PC's - I will become king of the world.

I think that was roughly my reasoning lol

So I wrote an email to a friend and asked her to register the domain for me. By the time I woke up and realized what I had done she had bought it for me.

---> YES, that would be awesome.

richardjennings
May 6th, 2007, 10:52 AM
well i found out I cant be bothered to write a blog.

I have setup the wordpress blog to aggregate rss feeds from various tech sites.

its actually quite cool. It allows you to search through all feeds ive subscribed to, so for example, google, comes up with a load of stories about google.

Its a mess at the moment, unsorted catagories etc, I only just imported the first feeds ..

check it out anyways,

anyone think its a good idea?

http://www.silentfeature.com

machoo02
May 6th, 2007, 07:11 PM
You could make a Metropolis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_%28film%29) fan site...

richardjennings
May 6th, 2007, 10:46 PM
I recently acquired the domain silentfeature.com

I wasn't sure what to do with it, its acquisition was accidental. There was a thread about it here a week or so ago.

I am trying it out as a tech news rss aggregator. Basically the server runs a cronjob every two hours and updates the site with the most recent posts from slashdot.org ,lxer.com, linuxtoday.com, geek.com, digg.com/view/technology, dailytech.com & bbc tech news.

http://www.silentfeature.com

its not a commercial venture - I just wanted to do something a little different & make some use of the domain. I hope this thread doesn't find its self out of place.

What do you think of the site / the idea ??

bapoumba
May 7th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Threads merged.